Tiago Splitter retires

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was never destined for greatness that's just crazy talk. He was always a tough rugged player. He was never that athletic and got the most out of what he had.

He had a good career

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears Splitter's body let him down.

I would have not paid much attention to his career except for Eric. :wink2:

"It's a decision I've made over the last few months. It's not something I want, but the hip injury I'm having is more troublesome than we thought it would be. I've been talking to my family, my wife, everyone, and it's really time to hang out," said Splitter in an interview with Brazilian network SporTV.

"I did the surgery on the right side of the hip after my injury. It was all right. I put a piece of metal on my hip and I was the first one to play with a prosthesis in the NBA," Splitter explained. "But the other side started to hurt so I looked for the same doctor that performed my first surgery. He said he would have to do the same thing on the other side if I wanted to play. I would need another 12, 13 months of recovery. At that point, I thought, it won't be physically possible for me to compete with these kids."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22505571/tiago-splitter-former-spurs-champion-retires-nba

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember Splitter to the Suns talk and I never understood it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson