Thurs Night Football on Amazon Prime

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Lots of thoughts to throw out there!

1. Great business move on part of Amazon? I wonder how many new members they will get having all NFL fans that weren't members sign up just to watch Thurs night football.

2. Didn't like the telecast. The visual talking didn't match what I was hearing from the sound. I believe the picture was a full couple seconds ahead of the sound, or possibly vice versa. It was so bad I couldn't tell for sure. I turned off the sound eventually and just watched the action.

3. It was a good game though, but hurt being a one time big Charger fan. Knowing he was hurt, I now understand why I was seeing such poor passing/decisions by Hurbert as game went on. Too bad because Chargers were playing a near perfect game plan vs Mahomes.

4. I thought the announcers were okay, but I was a bit bored at times listening to them for some reason. I enjoyed the game so much more once I turned the sound off.*

*It might have been that I was just over sensitive to the game noise having been in a horrible car accident Monday evening driving back to AZ from San Diego. I had to stop on the highway as everyone else except the truck driving behind me stopped. He hit me full steam going about 75, crushed my car into the car in front of me, totalling my $80k Cadillac, putting both me and my precious dog in the hospital. Idiots and their cell phones and all! The driver of the truck ran over to me and kept saying, "I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I am so screwed now. I am so screwed not. Do you need me to call an ambulance?" Me, "No, call a priest and the coroner."

This makes over 40 times bad drivers have hit me in my cars or on my motorcycles. They keep trying to kill me, but I am still here at 73 yrs old. They have beaten my body to hell and I live on morphine and oxycodone, but I keep coming back for more. Either that or I have died several times and keep on living in alternative universes. Actually the odds seem to favor that.

So, what did you all think of Amazon Prime broadcasting the Thursday night games.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any viewer numbers out yet? Amazon told advertisers they could get 13 million. Wonder if they beat or fell short? I'd guess short, but we'll see.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. Great business move on part of Amazon? I wonder how many new members they will get having all NFL fans that weren't members sign up just to watch Thurs night football.

2. Didn't like the telecast. The visual talking didn't match what I was hearing from the sound. I believe the picture was a full couple seconds ahead of the sound, or possibly vice versa. It was so bad I couldn't tell for sure. I turned off the sound eventually and just watched the action.

3. It was a good game though, but hurt being a one time big Charger fan. Knowing he was hurt, I now understand why I was seeing such poor passing/decisions by Hurbert as game went on. Too bad because Chargers were playing a near perfect game plan vs Mahomes.

4. I thought the announcers were okay, but I was a bit bored at times listening to them for some reason. I enjoyed the game so much more once I turned the sound off.*

*It might have been that I was just over sensitive to the game noise having been in a horrible car accident Monday evening driving back to AZ from San Diego. I had to stop on the highway as everyone else except the truck driving behind me stopped. He hit me full steam going about 75, crushed my car into the car in front of me, totalling my $80k Cadillac, putting both me and my precious dog in the hospital. Idiots and their cell phones and all! The driver of the truck ran over to me and kept saying, "I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I am so screwed now. I am so screwed not. Do you need me to call an ambulance?" Me, "No, call a priest and the coroner."

This makes over 40 times bad drivers have hit me in my cars or on my motorcycles. They keep trying to kill me, but I am still here at 73 yrs old. They have beaten my body to hell and I live on morphine and oxycodone, but I keep coming back for more. Either that or I have died several times and keep on living in alternative universes. Actually the odds seem to favor that.

So, what did you all think of Amazon Prime broadcasting the Thursday night games.
This must have been your device. It was perfect for me. I watched it on two different TVs.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Wish you a quick, full recovery and all the best,

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like that with one button click I could see live game stats.
Yes this is a real advantage they can provide, they can make the whole experience more and more interactive as time goes on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

YOU’VE BEEN HIT 40 TIMES?!? Man, I think maybe you should consider staying indoors. That’s incredible.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think it may have been broadcast in 4k. I had a nice viewer experience and when I found the alternate "vision" feed, I had a bit more fun. Good first broadcast.

Kirk H. didn't set the world on fire for me though.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
YOU’VE BEEN HIT 40 TIMES?!? Man, I think maybe you should consider staying indoors. That’s incredible.
It just seems mathematically impossible to me. Every time it happens I just shake my head and wonder what the hell is this nightmare. For fun I will tell you just one of the incidents:

I got rear ended by a guy who had just left the same party I was coming from. He said he thought I had gone through the light as he was running it. Then before I got the car to the repair shop the following Monday, a tow truck rammed me from behind again when I was completely stopped. I finally got the car fixed and the day I picked it up on the way home someone ran into me.

I have been hit in parking lots, gas stations, and even while parked at the Motor Vehicles Department while inside registering a classic car I had just purchased. I have been totally destroyed 4 times on the highway traveling 65 mph or higher. One time some idiot executed the police's pit maneuver on me knocking me straight into a concrete pillar going 65.

I actually quit counting at around 35 about 20 years ago after it got too hard to remember them all. I only know that it is over 40 times now counting the least to the worst ones. This week's one wasn't the worst crash, but I think it has left me hurting the most when I was barely hanging on mentally and physically as it was. I feel totally crushed and questioning the why, what, and when about life and death.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It just seems mathematically impossible to me. Every time it happens I just shake my head and wonder what the hell is this nightmare. For fun I will tell you just one of the incidents:

I got rear ended by a guy who had just left the same party I was coming from. He said he thought I had gone through the light as he was running it. Then before I got the car to the repair shop the following Monday, a tow truck rammed me from behind again when I was completely stopped. I finally got the car fixed and the day I picked it up on the way home someone ran into me.

I have been hit in parking lots, gas stations, and even while parked at the Motor Vehicles Department while inside registering a classic car I had just purchased. I have been totally destroyed 4 times on the highway traveling 65 mph or higher. One time some idiot executed the police's pit maneuver on me knocking me straight into a concrete pillar going 65.

I actually quit counting at around 35 about 20 years ago after it got too hard to remember them all. I only know that it is over 40 times now counting the least to the worst ones. This week's one wasn't the worst crash, but I think it has left me hurting the most when I was barely hanging on mentally and physically as it was. I feel totally crushed and questioning the why, what, and when about life and death.
I’m impressed you’re alive