Thunder @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-8-2023

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we blame the trainer for a bad tape job on that ankle? That would take some of the blame off the ballboy for the slippery floor. :shrug:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
republic reporting he is likely to miss 4-6 weeks.

its 6 weeks till the playoffs start.

only bright side is he is unlikely to get a more serious injury before the playoffs start.
Republic is reporting that some FEAR he might miss 4-6 weeks. There is no way they could know anything last night and that early after t he injury, especially with how he was moving.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Republic is reporting that some FEAR he might miss 4-6 weeks. There is no way they could know anything last night and that early after t he injury, especially with how he was moving.
Bs article. 4-6 weeks would indicate a high ankle sprain, and you wouldn't be able to put weight on it without limping. It's most likely a low grade sprain and he'll miss 2 weeks max.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Looking at the replays, I don't think he slipped, the foot doesn't seem to slide at all.

I still think it's probably minor sprain but they need to get his ankles more stable. There doesn't appear to be any reason for his ankle to roll there.
KD wears low/traditional sneakers IIRC. Steph battled ankle issues early in his career and has worn all kinds of protection since.

It’s crazy that players aren’t turning their ankles more given how fast they are and how quickly they stop/change direction. We’ve seen countless practice vids of KD doing the same moves. Not too far off from the flukey Kyler injury. He’s made that cut upfield 1,000 times but that time he planted his foot was different.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bs article. 4-6 weeks would indicate a high ankle sprain, and you wouldn't be able to put weight on it without limping. It's most likely a low grade sprain and he'll miss 2 weeks max.
I hope you are right, but we are talking about Kevin Durant here - the guy who is injured more often then AD.

I am going to assume the worst and hope for the best.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope you are right, but we are talking about Kevin Durant here - the guy who is injured more often then AD.

I am going to assume the worst and hope for the best.
there is no benefit in assuming the worst in this scenario.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
40% of basketball injuries are ankle injuries. There are so many products out there that help prevent this type of injury and do not otherwise impede movement and they are really inexpensive. I cannot understand why players with so much on the line do not use them. It just seems foolish. Good grief, just taping an ankle would prevent most of this, though the products are better. They allow normal flex but prevent extreme side flex.

Not wearing ankle protection seems irresponsible. It's like playing football without a helmet or soccer without shin pads. If the NBA required it for every player, then there would be no impediment at all. No player would be giving up mobility to others, no competitive advantage--and many less injuries would occur.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd give the article more weight if Duane Rankin wrote the article.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the radio they are saying there is no official update until Durant completes his scans and the medical staff makes a determination. They anticipate all the tests being completed today.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Exactly what I thought. It came out really quick without anyone even knowing anything. I don’t read their crap.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just want to say sorry guys.. I know I am not the only one but sometimes being a fan of Arizona sports can be draining.

Hope he comes back soon. I don’t think its that big of a deal after sleeping on it. Had it been TJ Warren the center piece of the trade that got hurt then we should be piss. Just the random throw in the Nets gave us isn’t going to break us. Guy probably wouldn’t even get mins anyways.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I just want to say sorry guys.. I know I am not the only one but sometimes being a fan of Arizona sports can be draining.

Hope he comes back soon. I don’t think its that big of a deal after sleeping on it. Had it been TJ Warren the center piece of the trade that got hurt then we should be piss. Just the random throw in the Nets gave us isn’t going to break us. Guy probably wouldn’t even get mins anyways.
We will all feel a lot better after we win the NBA Championship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose