Thunder @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-27-2021

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

I almost said when the second unit is being run by Cam Payne but in the games he's missed they've been pretty stagnant also.

I'm not sure how Monty can fix things but I believe the talent is there to turn this around.

2. 95pro

95pro Registered

Coaching, coaching, choaching...

Again, ive complained from almost game 5 or so of the season, whats with the substiution patterns? We went on a huge run in the first and second half so Monty decides to put out our own fire? He substitutes 2-3 guys at a time. I understand we have a lot of turnover of team personnel but why do we keep getting confused on defense? We are just allowing too many layups, Oubre will have a field day today getting to the rim as he has something to prove.

I'm still supportive of Cam but he's got to come off that second unit, he's not cutting it as a starter. I'd be okay with starting Smith or Nader, Smith gives us some height, muscle and aggression while he is also willing to attack on offense, Nader is a bit more seasoned than Cam and also has a nack for slashing, has good length and high IQ. I swear cam sucked at 3pt shooting last night but was 2 for 3, that miss was a big miss, he went 1-5 from 2pt land.

Back to coaching, wtf is Gallo???

CP3 still riding Ayton's arse, can't blame him. I swear Ayton was on ped's, guy just doesnt have the lungs and stamina, hope he doesnt find a Kardashian. If he could just go straight up for some shots or a pump fake here and there. Might also be a coaching issue as well.

I'll give Bridges a break, he usually plays elite D and has been emerging on the offensive end this year BUT lately he's expending more energy on offense and doesn't seem to be a lockdown defender anymore. It'll take time to develop consistent offense while play elite D.

Monty is just too relaxed on the sideline, can the guy get a T for some horrendous calls? Maybe this passive attitude he exudes translates to the court as well. I get it, you're life is based around morals and such but man show some fire every now and then!

3. taz02

taz02 Registered

And its boring to watch

4. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Pathetic horrible loss this team is not poff caliber and that hurts me to say

I even fell zzz before gm ended and what a shocker another choke job.....

Just so many bad seasons as a az sports fans im frustrated

And even when book comes back problems won't be much better

Wonder if suns can make any trades....

Mainstreet likes this.
  5. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Does he? He sure hasn't shown it yet.

6. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

When the Suns traded for Chris Paul trade they traded a protected 2022 first round pick. When that pick conveys is uncertain. The Suns can't trade this year's first round pick because theoretically it could convey next season. The Suns can't be without a first round pick two drafts in a row. Also it's uncertain when the 2022 pick conveys so that leaves them in limbo trading a first round pick.

Of course the Suns can trade players with salaries that are close to matching. Also the Suns could trade one of their players to gain a first round pick.

The Suns do have second round picks to trade but that is a bad habit they have gotten into.

Also the Suns have a minimum exception where they could absorb a waived player close to $4 million.

Here is the protection on the traded first round pick.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    mjb21aztd likes this.
  7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Jalen has only played in four games this season. He still needs to get in shape and learn the game.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

this. They aren’t great athletes running up and down the floor wowing with dunks AND they’re not great shooters. There’s practically nothing to hang your hat on collectively as a team.

9. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I don't care. It's about winning. However, when you are not getting either? It is torture. I don't care if it's half court or running up and down if there is winning involved.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.