Three new Star Wars movies on the way, Daisy Ridley is back as Rey

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! We'll see which suckers keep watching.
You must be registered for see images attach

Although, I am most excited about the Old Republic era movie by James Mangold who did Logan. Diehards have been clamoring for this era to be made into a movie forever. Could be huge. Sounds like this would be the start of that era. Take my money now.

Mandolorian movie to boot? Cool. Oscar winning director doing new Rey movie. Judging already? LOL.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hahaha! We'll see which suckers keep watching.
I give it a better than 50% chance these will go the same way as Rian's trilogy, Dan and Dave's trilogy, Patty Jenkin's movie, etc. suck. Especially after Indy bombs this summer and Disney has to tighten the screws some more.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give it a better than 50% chance these will go the same way as Rian's trilogy, Dan and Dave's trilogy, Patty Jenkin's movie, etc. suck. Especially after Indy bombs this summer and Disney has to tighten the screws some more.
So making a crap ton of money.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
So making a crap ton of money.
what's making a crap ton of money? None of the SW stuff is at this point. Indy is going to lose money for them with how big it's budget is. It's reported as almost $300m and that's before all of the reshoots they've had to do. The movie is going to have to do a billion to break even.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's making a crap ton of money? None of the SW stuff is at this point. Indy is going to lose money for them with how big it's budget is. It's reported as almost $300m and that's before all of the reshoots they've had to do. The movie is going to have to do a billion to break even.
Uh...the sequels made a crap ton. Disney is cancelling all their low rated series and keeping the ones performing. You are making assumptions about Indy which could happen or be a huge hit. Nobody knows that.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Uh...the sequels made a crap ton. Disney is cancelling all their low rated series and keeping the ones performing. You are making assumptions about Indy which could happen or be a huge hit. Nobody knows that.
The sequels didn't make near what they should have and that was 4 years ago. The shows have all tanked and merchandise is in the gutter. The last was their cash cow. And on Indy I'm making an educated guess based on the info I have about how script and how test screenings went. Word has it making crystal skull look good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… Indy is gonna have to be incredible to make a billion dollars. I don’t think it’ll be a major bomb, but I’ll be stunned if this is Top Gun 2 part 2.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sequels didn't make near what they should have and that was 4 years ago. The shows have all tanked and merchandise is in the gutter. The last was their cash cow. And on Indy I'm making an educated guess based on the info I have about how script and how test screenings went. Word has it making crystal skull look good.
What should they have made? They paid 4 billion for the entire rights to the franchise. They have more than made that money back. I could say franchise X could a woulda shoulda. Star Wars is doing just fine. Sure they have had some missteps for sure but the franchise is one of Disney's revenue generators. Also, not sure your figures are right that Indy needs to make a billion just to break even. Seems like a ton of speculation on your part.

Having said that? I am taking a wait and see with Indy but I can point to multiple times pre-movie buzz was wrong either in the negative or positive so I don't put much stock in that.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
What should they have made? They paid 4 billion for the entire rights to the franchise. They have more than made that money back. I could say franchise X could a woulda shoulda. Star Wars is doing just fine. Sure they have had some missteps for sure but the franchise is one of Disney's revenue generators. Also, not sure your figure are right that Indy needs to make a billion just to break even. Seems like a ton of speculation on your part.

Having said that? I am taking a wait and see with Indy but I can point to multiple times premovie buzz was wrong either in the negative or positive so I don't put much stock in that.
Rise of Skywalker barely made a billion. The end of the Skywalker saga should have been up closer to Endgame's numbers if Disney didn't completely screw the franchise with TLJ and it. TFA did $2b, TLA $1.3b, TRoS $1b. That's not a healthy trend and I guarantee that's not what Disney wanted to see.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rise of Skywalker barely made a billion. The end of the Skywalker saga should have been up closer to Endgame's numbers if Disney didn't completely screw the franchise with TLJ and it. TFA did $2b, TLA $1.3b, TRoS $1b. That's not a healthy trend and I guarantee that's not what Disney wanted to see.
Naturally the studio always wants to see their movies do "the best". I seriously doubt any bean counters are crying because the sequels did $4 billion and produced the highest grossing Star Wars film of all time with the first in the series when they paid 4 billion for the franchise. I don't think your expecations are accurate either based on previous Star Wars films grosses. I think they look at Marvel and Star Wars in a completely different lense. Just like they look at the Indy franchise in a differnt lense.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have easily been avoided by actually plotting out a cohesive trilogy of films rather than making three disjointed films with the same characters in them. Never flowed at all, IMHO. Then the final film was just throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick and trying to wrap everything up as if it had been "the plan" all along. Just awful filmmaking.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This video is still amazing to me. Ryan George absolutely nails it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have easily been avoided by actually plotting out a cohesive trilogy of films rather than making three disjointed films with the same characters in them. Never flowed at all, IMHO. Then the final film was just throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick and trying to wrap everything up as if it had been "the plan" all along. Just awful filmmaking.
Hilarious how many people are triggered right now about a new Rey movie and the other movie announcements. Different writers, different directors.

However, this part I actually agree with. TFA has so much potential and then came TLJ. It split fans down the middle. The third film no matter how good or how bad was never going to avoid the fans being split from TLJ. Not having a cohesive plan was so dumb.

There are some fantastic things happening in Star Wars and Iger seems determined to focus more on few projects with higher quality which is good news for fans. Bring on these new films. Can't wait to see what they come up with. Bottom line as long as it's profitable it's going to keep coming.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave