Reaction score
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Release date: November 10, 2017
Studio: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Director: Martin McDonagh
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Martin McDonagh
Genre: Drama, Comedy

Starring: Francis McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Abbie Cornish, Lucas Hedges, Zeljko Ivanek, Caleb Landry Jones, Clarke Peters, Samantha Weaving, John Hawkes, Peter Dinklage

Plot Summary: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" is a darkly comic drama from Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh ("In Bruges"). After months have passed without a culprit in her daughter’s murder case, Mildred Hayes (Academy Award winner Frances McDormand) makes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby (Academy Award nominee Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell), an immature mother’s boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to see this. Excellent film. Not that I'm adverse to profanity in the least, but some of the f-bombs were gratuitous... just seemed to be a bit awkward for normal speech..Frances was the bomb but she'll always be Margie to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to see this. Excellent film. Not that I'm adverse to profanity in the least, but some of the f-bombs were gratuitous... just seemed to be a bit awkward for normal speech..Frances was the bomb but she'll always be Margie to me.

I always like you, Margie. I always liked you so much!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You obviously haven’t spoken with cheese in person.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You obviously haven’t spoken with cheese in person.

If you ever get to talk to me you'd soon see how ludicrous it is for me to even mention profanity. My wife and I both swear like sailors. My point about it in the film was that it just seemed stilted... Not at all what it would be like in a regular conversation with someone like, say me.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Decent movie. Sam Rockwell was pretty damn good in his role. McDormand was great as usual.

Yes, Rockwell was awesome, as was McDormand; both oscar wins were well deserved. The writer/director, Martin McDonagh, needs to do more films. In Brudges and Seven Psychopaths were solid films as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson