Thread Titles - Add Context

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to start a new thread about something please put some type of context on what the thread is about.

A thread that just says Cards Update, Today's News, or Rumor or something similar does nothing to garner any type of discussion and people can just ignore these vague titles.

Add in what you want to either inform us about or have an opinion on and possibly you can get more traction and visibility to your threads.

Over the past month or so I've added context to dozens of titles so that people know what is being discussed in each thread.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
disagree.
the thread title is just a place holder. The ideas and topics are inside the thread. Plus, you can hover over the title and read the first paragraph inside anyway.

regardless, context or not...someone is going to come along and change the title to whatever they see fit. thats why my last thread was just, "Generic Thread Title" so I didnt have any attachment to it

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disagree.
the thread title is just a place holder. The ideas and topics are inside the thread. Plus, you can hover over the title and read the first paragraph inside anyway.

regardless, context or not...someone is going to come along and change the title to whatever they see fit. thats why my last thread was just, "Generic Thread Title" so I didnt have any attachment to it
So you would like 53 threads that say just Cards Update?

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cards update is a bit bland I agree.
but
Hopkins update 3/27 is okay
Agreed on this. But something like "My Thoughts" is a very vague title when wanting to talk about new uniforms or what we should do with Simmons or in the draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agreed on this. But something like "My Thoughts" is a very vague title when wanting to talk about new uniforms or what we should do with Simmons or in the draft.
well, see... when you see "My thoughts"... you then just look and see who created the thread...and open or not accordingly, lol