Thoughts on the first round of the upcoming draft...

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like a trade down and drafting Montez Sweat over Brian Burns. He's bendy, fast, and has better size than Burns. His motor is pretty good, and I doubt he busts in the NFL. I also really like Jeffery Simmons from Mississippi State as well. Dude is a beast; could be a good fit as a 3-4 DE.

I'm of the opinion that a trade down should be considered. I love Bosa, but there are legitimately 10 guys that the Cardinals could take in the first round that would help them next year. This draft is absolutely LOADED with DL/edge rushers. I would love a trade down to like 6 or 7, add a 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st and a 2nd next year.
One thing that I look for in EDGE players is their motor. Trey Flowers works because of his motor more than anything else. Burns has a motor and it isn't just in games they are winning. He is super bendy off the edge rush as well. Sweat hasn't shown me the same level of effort as Bosa or Burns from what I have seen.

RE: Simmons, you have the off the field stuff to worry about. Also, he is a one gap dude who gets dumped vs the run if he has to stack and shed. He is not Fletcher Cox and has more of a Robert Nkemdiche game (not as inconsistent though). A better 3 tech if you ask me.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The thing about Sweat is that he doesn’t have any bend...like at all. I’m surprised you says he’s more bendy than Burns. I think Burns absolutely smokes him in that department. I don’t think he’s faster, either. Yes, Sweat does have better size. No doubt. Burns’ handwork is better than Sweat’s though. He has the 2nd best hands after Bosa in this class.

I like Burns a lot more than Josh Allen despite Allen getting more hype.
We are in complete agreement regarding Burns. He is my #2 EDGE player in the draft. Reminds me a bit of Von Miller though I hate comparing anyone to Von as he has a special level of burst and bend off the edge.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The thing about Sweat is that he doesn’t have any bend...like at all. I’m surprised you says he’s more bendy than Burns. I think Burns absolutely smokes him in that department. I don’t think he’s faster, either. Yes, Sweat does have better size. No doubt. Burns’ handwork is better than Sweat’s though. He has the 2nd best hands after Bosa in this class.

I like Burns a lot more than Josh Allen despite Allen getting more hype.

Didn't say he had more bend. Read again :p

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We are in complete agreement regarding Burns. He is my #2 EDGE player in the draft. Reminds me a bit of Von Miller though I hate comparing anyone to Von as he has a special level of burst and bend off the edge.

I do totally see that comp. I wasn't a huge Miller fan because he was so undersized, but he proved me wrong.

Miller was about the same size as Burns coming out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave