OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-man-joins-the-marvel-cinematic-universe.html

Setting a new place at the table for Spidey, Marvel has reshuffled Thor: Ragnarok to November 3, 2017, sent Black Panther to July 6, 2018, and Captain Marvel to November 2, 2018. The mega team-up pics Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 and 2 will be released as planned in 2018 and 2019, respectively, before Marvel’s Inhumans hits theaters on July 12, 2019.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

There can be only one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is interesting is Spiderman screwed all this up. What happens if they work out a deal with Fox for X-Men and FF? Though I doubt Fox is even interested in working something out if they do...the scheduled is going to be completely FUBAR.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The THOR Films have been the weak link in the armor in my opinion with all the movies to date. Not counting the horrible Iron Man 2 or the upcoming Ant-man (don't know how that will turn out).

I am really hoping for a truly solid outing this time. The others were not bad films but I wouldn't call any of them great up to this point.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The THOR Films have been the weak link in the armor in my opinion with all the movies to date. Not counting the horrible Iron Man 2 or the upcoming Ant-man (don't know how that will turn out).

I am really hoping for a truly solid outing this time. The others were not bad films but I wouldn't call any of them great up to this point.

I and many of my friends disagree. Thor was nails, IMO, and Thor 2 was good. Iron Man 2 was excellent--I'm sorry it had character development instead of a ton of 'splosions lol One friend in particular HATED Iron Man 3 (I liked it) but LOVED Iron Man 2.

Eh, lots of opinions about these movies, and some will differ. The only one that really tweaks me is Iron Man 2. It was an excellent character film and much more a regular movie than a comic book movie. People wanted more Michael Bay, that's all, IMO.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I and many of my friends disagree. Thor was nails, IMO, and Thor 2 was good. Iron Man 2 was excellent--I'm sorry it had character development instead of a ton of 'splosions lol One friend in particular HATED Iron Man 3 (I liked it) but LOVED Iron Man 2.

Eh, lots of opinions about these movies, and some will differ. The only one that really tweaks me is Iron Man 2. It was an excellent character film and much more a regular movie than a comic book movie. People wanted more Michael Bay, that's all, IMO.

This is spot on, I totally agree with Stout.

Ugh, that was hard to type. :p Just kiddin :D

I have never understood the IM2 hate, I liked it. I LOVED Thor as well. Thor is the movie that got me into this Marvel world in the first place. I went to see Thor with my kids, and I knew nothing about it. I never read the comics, all I knew is he was like a Norse God type of character with a giant hammer and I was expecting the lamest movie ever. My kids literally pulled me into the theater cuz I was like cmon lets see something else! I have never, ever, ever been so pleasantly blindsided by how good a movie was.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't say the Thor movies were bad but they were not in Iron Man territory or the last Captain American territory or even Avengers territory. I know lots of people who would agree. Most of my friends hated Iron Man 2 and thought it was the weakest. The plot sucked, the villain sucked and it was just a loud mess of a movie IMO. It was a complete miss for me. You are right though....lots of different opinions.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Cast, Concept Art Revealed; Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban Added to Ensemble

http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-cast-jeff-goldblum-marvel/

If you’ve been itching to see Jeff Goldblum bring his immense talent to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, itch no more. Marvel Studios today announced the full cast for the upcoming sequel Thor: Ragnarok, revealing the characters that will be played by previously announced Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson, and adding Goldblum and Karl Urban to the ensemble. And hoo-boy does this sound exciting. They are as follows:

Cate Blanchett as Hela
Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
Karl Urban as Skurge

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
between Loki, Hulk, Odin and now throwing all those actors listed above into the mix, this is an INSANE cast that actually has me looking forward to another Thor movie.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
between Loki, Hulk, Odin and now throwing all those actors listed above into the mix, this is an INSANE cast that actually has me looking forward to another Thor movie.

it does have the makings to be the most epic Marvel movie yet....

but then Thor dies...really kinda ruins it all.....

p.s.
I have no idea if Thor dies.... relax....

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No more Natalie Portman?

You must be registered for see images attach

If was her I would have moved on as well. They basically have not given her anything remotely worth her time IMO.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doctor Strange Will Appear in Thor: Ragnarok

http://film-book.com/thor-ragnarok-...campaign=Feed:+film-book/dAVg+(Film-Book.com)

It has been officially confirmed that Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) will appear in Thor: Ragnarok (2017). People that saw the end credits scenes of Doctor Strange knew that Dr. Stephen Strange would play a part in the next adventure of Thor. It has now been confirmed.

Dr. Strange will appear alongside Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) in the upcoming comic book film. From the set images, we know that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Odin (Anthony Hopkins) will also appear in Thor: Ragnarok.

Dr. Strange’s involvement with Thor: Ragnarok was announced on Disney’s official fan club D23 within a routine publication.

The Dr. Strange / Thor: Ragnarok announcement was as follows:

Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic baddies both familiar and new.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not a Marvel movie fan. Dr.Strange was amusing, but ultimately they are all the same. Big visual spectacles with little substance.

Im not a goldfish. You will not distract me with shiney things and explosions, and expect me not to notice the story is ass

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not a Marvel movie fan. Dr.Strange was amusing, but ultimately they are all the same. Big visual spectacles with little substance.

Im not a goldfish. You will not distract me with shiney things and explosions, and expect me not to notice the story is ass

Go watch Batman have dream sequences within dream sequences, then.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Go watch Batman have dream sequences within dream sequences, then.

I dont like batman either. The majority of action movies suck.

some big terrorist type event
story set up
small fight
car chase
plot twist
car chase
big fighty ending

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dont like batman either. The majority of action movies suck.

some big terrorist type event
story set up
small fight
car chase
plot twist
car chase
big fighty ending

and then schwarma afterwards..... gotta love it!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

HOLY $S#*T!! I'm normally not a fan of adding non-genre type music to trailers, but this is EPIC!!
I wonder if this is also meant to bring GotG closer to Avengers with the music and titles.

And Cate Blanchett is looking H-O-T!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That might be the be one of the best trailers they've ever done for a Marvel movie. Glad they included Loki and Hulk in the trailer.

Really looking forward to this.

Spartacus - Thor version!