This team is so soft

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For the Murray haters, this game should be proof enough how much Murray has won games for this team.
I agree with this, and then also believe the dude has no real leadership qualities at the moment.

I'm not really comparing him to Jameis Winston, but man, Jameis seemed to have more passion. Maybe KM just needs to be challenged. I don't dislike Kyler as much as I did before, but we're going to have to see some growth and desire.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russell Wilson has 13 tds the last 8 weeks. The same as Kyler.

Again we shouldnt need a QB to play at a record pace in order to win games. And just because Russ isnt/wasnt playing at a record pace doesnt mean they figured him out on tape.

I personally think its troubling that he's been hurt in at least 3 of the last 8 games. However, he's been good enough to win games (Patriots/Seahawks imo)

Ok. You’re right. Nothing at all to worry about as our best player got completely bottled up the last seven games of the season or apparently was too fragile to play well when he was on the field despite not really taking massive shots.

and 23/34 for measly 170 yards snd two TDs isn’t good enough to win on the road, especially against a bad NE team. That’s a joke.

oh... and he just faceplanted pathetically in the game that should have gotten us into the playoffs last week.

And what troubles me most is that running QBs mostly have that first breakout season where they dominate the entire time... and then struggle the more tape is on them. That happend for 9 games. What’s going to happen when there’s even more tape on him next year? Is he going to become a better passer? Is he going to somehow become healthier?

Are we going to have to spen... eh forget it.

you can ignore that Kyler fell off a cliff the last seven games of the season. Whether that was because teams figured him out or injury is up for discussion. What’s not is that there was a massive difference as far as his effectiveness up to and after the Buffalo game.

remains to be seen why?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok. You’re right. Nothing at all to worry about as our best player got completely bottled up the last seven games of the season or apparently was too fragile to play well when he was on the field despite not really taking massive shots.

and 23/34 for measly 170 yards snd two TDs isn’t good enough to win on the road, especially against a bad NE team. That’s a joke.

oh... and he just faceplanted pathetically in the game that should have gotten us into the playoffs last week.

And what troubles me most is that running QBs mostly have that first breakout season where they dominate the entire time... and then struggle the more tape is on them. That happend for 9 games. What’s going to happen when there’s even more tape on him next year? Is he going to become a better passer? Is he going to somehow become healthier?

you can ignore that Kyler fell off a cliff the last seven games of the season. Whether that was because teams figured him out or injury is up for discussion. What’s not is that there was a massive difference as far as his effectiveness up to and after the Buffalo game.

remains to be seen why?
You have your view. I have mines.

He hurt his shoulder against the Seahawks and as Michael Vick said AC joints will linger for 3 weeks. His lack of velocity of showed. Got healthy and beat a red hot Giants team and won player of the week vs. the Eagles. Crapped the bed against the 49ers and then got hurt early the following game. Both injuries from plays in the pocket because of a poor interior presence.

Is it what it is. All I'm providing is context...at least to me. You have "tape".

Meanwhile Russell Wilson hasnt been the MVP player he was the first 9 weeks either and yet the Seahawks are going to the playoffs. He's just done enough. Just as I say that was enough to beat the Patriots.

You can beat yourself up about it, but I'm not.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1) Will or does Kliff actually do this because of their relationship & admiration to coach him going back to HS?

2) who is Murrays confidante that he relies on to improve his mechanics & game? His dad Kevin? Or someone else?

Those are the true questions that could determine his ability to grow as an NFL passer & help or hurt the Cards organization going forward
Maybe KM just needs to be challenged. I don't dislike Kyler as much as I did before, but we're going to have to see some growth and desire.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I should have just said this earlier. The TDs imo were a law of averages. I think influenced by injury, but 37 tds on the year from your QB should be enough to get you to the playoffs. I should have just said that and left it at that.

Buckybird

Reaction score
1) Or could it be the coaching he’s getting or not getting?

2) Does Murray and or other offensive skill players believe in Kliffs scheme?

hmmmm

remains to be seen why?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have your view. I have mines.

He hurt his shoulder against the Seahawks and as Michael Vick said AC joints will linger for 3 weeks. His lack of velocity of showed. Got healthy and beat a red hot Giants team and won player of the week vs. the Eagles. Crapped the bed against the 49ers and then early hurt the following game. Both from plays in the pocket because of a poor interior presence.
Is it what it is. All I'm providing is context...at least to me. You have "tape".

Meanwhile Russell Wilson hasnt been the MVP player he was the first 9 weeks either and yet the Seahawks are going to the playoffs. He's just done enough. Just as I say that was enough to beat the Patriots.

You can beat yourself up about it, but I'm not.

lol... I’m pretty sure I’m beating Kyler up about it.

and 5 turnovers and great field position over and over again beat the Giants. Trying to claim that was somehow Kyler coming to the rescue over the “red hot” Giants is a specious argument and we both know it.

and again, 170 yards, 2 TDs and 17 points isn’t enough to win on the road. You know how I know that? Because we didn’t win the game on the road on a day the Pats stunk to boot.

And I’m not claiming “tape”. Could be he’s too fragile to be effective long term... could be tape. Could be the kid has never actually won a big game when ALL the pressure is on him.

Bottom line is I don’t know why he fell sooooooo far from the first nine games. But he did. Remains to be seen why.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) Or could it be the coaching he’s getting or not getting?

2) Does Murray and or other offensive skill players believe in Kliffs scheme?

hmmmm

could be those things also.

the only thing we KNOW is that he was wildly effective the first nine games of the year and average at best over the last 7. Remains to be seen why?

Buckybird

Reaction score
It sure does seem to me the playcalling changed as well based on memory where we became a shorter passing team. But then again the running game with Drake & blocking seemed to get worse too
could be those things also.

the only thing we KNOW is that he was wildly effective the first nine games of the year and average at best over the last 7. Remains to be seen why?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah you mean the last 2 games against Defenses playing their asses off without Fitz, Edmonds, Kirk, and terrible game plans and coaching both weeks? Or the 2 before that where 33 and 26 with solid games for him in both? Kyler is NOT the problem on this team it’s becoming obvious the coaching is bad and not just Kyler but many players aren’t being coached up or put in positions to succeed.
“Becoming obvious . . . “

lol. Welcome to the show.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Think about this. We had what? A three game lead (two games and the tie breaker) for the last playoff spot over the Bears past the midpoint of the season and the Bears still BACKED IN to the playoffs today over us after ending their season on a LOSS.

man, what an epic collapse.
That is just about as big a collapse as you see in the nfl.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saleh could be more ra-ra and we beat him when they were at their best.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about this. We had what? A three game lead (two games and the tie breaker) for the last playoff spot over the Bears past the midpoint of the season and the Bears still BACKED IN to the playoffs today over us after ending their season on a LOSS.

man, what an epic collapse.
All while we gave a putrid effort when we really needed to win.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The scariest thing is that supposedly Murray is a system QB.

Kingsbury and Murray go together, and I am not sure Murray can survive in the NFL. Murray is not going to stand in the pocket and look down the field. It is not because he cannot read a defense or go through progressions. It is because Murray is too fragile.

If this doesn't work itself out, things will be VERY ugly for the Cardinals.

On to a very long offseason, ugh. What a shame.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup no fire!!

Hope jones brings some energy to def and stays healthy next season

Sad week for cards fans

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The scariest thing is that supposedly Murray is a system QB.

Kingsbury and Murray go together, and I am not sure Murray can survive in the NFL. Murray is not going to stand in the pocket and look down the field. It is not because he cannot read a defense or go through progressions. It is because Murray is too fragile.

If this doesn't work itself out, things will be VERY ugly for the Cardinals.

On to a very long offseason, ugh. What a shame.

At today Murray played every games so far
He got hit and didn't show to be fragile
Has been bothered by a shoulder injury, he didn't complain and he played all snaps
Yesterday he wanted to get on the field earlier but medical staff stopped him
Its like u talking about Kevin Kolb

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean the Dolphins game where he carried the team? The Hail Murray play vs the 13-3 Bills?

At least get your timeline right.

He gave up a scoop and score on a ******** fumble and on the crucial last play through an easy pass to the flat into the ground.

He had a good game otherwise and Kliff blew that one, but I'm not sure you can he carried them with those mistakes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I should have just said this earlier. The TDs imo were a law of averages. I think influenced by injury, but 37 tds on the year from your QB should be enough to get you to the playoffs. I should have just said that and left it at that.

I have to put a * at the end of that.

In my opinion you have to consider a bunch of his rushing touchdowns in most other offenses would still have been touchdowns by a RB.

I don't think you can say 37 is enough for playoffs when you factor that in.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading into next year pessimistic that Kliff is not the answer. Hopefully I am wrong. We have a lot of talent yet we are flat, soft and just not very good.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be heading into next year pessimistic that Kliff is not the answer. Hopefully I am wrong. We have a lot of talent yet we are flat, soft and just not very good.

Is there really alot of talent on this team?

QB - maybe but seems at least possible
RB - not really, although maybe I am not being fair to Drake
WR - lacking
TE - kind of
OL - I think it's a mess but there may be a piece or two

DL - ummm, maybe...even if Jones returns to form (I consider him DL for this purpose)
LB - meh
CB - mediocre at best and fading
S - Yes, some talent there but production hasn't matched.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

RB - not really
WR - lacking
TE - kind of

DL - ummm, maybe...even if Jones returns to form (I consider him DL for this purpose)
LB - meh
This is how the roster looked for most part of Steve Keim in the last five years.

There are no CBs either. FWIW, P2 is still their best and he likely played his last game here. Buda and Jalen are good but they did not make any game changing plays over the later part of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RB - not really, although maybe I am not being fair to Drake
WR - lacking
TE - kind of

LB - meh
We're not elite everywhere but we have talent to win games. I firmly believe this fell on the coaching staff. We do need some upgrades but with better coaching, that was a playoff roster. We saw it in the first half of the season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose