This team is so soft

AZCB34

Reaction score
I'll be heading into next year pessimistic that Kliff is not the answer. Hopefully I am wrong. We have a lot of talent yet we are flat, soft and just not very good.

Is there really alot of talent on this team?

QB - maybe but seems at least possible
RB - not really, although maybe I am not being fair to Drake
WR - lacking
TE - kind of
OL - I think it's a mess but there may be a piece or two

DL - ummm, maybe...even if Jones returns to form (I consider him DL for this purpose)
LB - meh
CB - mediocre at best and fading
S - Yes, some talent there but production hasn't matched.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

RB - not really
WR - lacking
TE - kind of

DL - ummm, maybe...even if Jones returns to form (I consider him DL for this purpose)
LB - meh
This is how the roster looked for most part of Steve Keim in the last five years.

There are no CBs either. FWIW, P2 is still their best and he likely played his last game here. Buda and Jalen are good but they did not make any game changing plays over the later part of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RB - not really, although maybe I am not being fair to Drake
WR - lacking
TE - kind of

LB - meh
We're not elite everywhere but we have talent to win games. I firmly believe this fell on the coaching staff. We do need some upgrades but with better coaching, that was a playoff roster. We saw it in the first half of the season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I need is the official statement that Keimy is back for for 2021. Waiting for it...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'll be heading into next year pessimistic that Kliff is not the answer. Hopefully I am wrong. We have a lot of talent yet we are flat, soft and just not very good.

This is fair! I think the consensus right now is that once the coaching carousel stops spinning, Kliff might be the worst head coach in the NFL. Clearly bottom 5 and clearly the worst in the division.

We have plenty of talent to compete for a Wild Card spot — which is what we did! But good teams don't get beaten by the Pats, Lions, Fins, and Rams. Those shouldn't be one-score games that opponents can sneak in and steal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is fair! I think the consensus right now is that once the coaching carousel stops spinning, Kliff might be the worst head coach in the NFL. Clearly bottom 5 and clearly the worst in the division.

We have plenty of talent to compete for a Wild Card spot — which is what we did! But good teams don't get beaten by the Pats, Lions, Fins, and Rams. Those shouldn't be one-score games that opponents can sneak in and steal.
For everyone in the keep kk crowd, the bolded should be enough to get you to change your mind. It means the only way we succeed is if we significantly out-talent the rest of the division. And with keim at the controls, that just ain’t happening. It means we are at a significant disadvantage going into every year. A baseline disadvantage. And it keeps you in the 3 or 4 slot in the division.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For everyone in the keep kk crowd, the bolded should be enough to get you to change your mind. It means the only way we succeed is if we significantly out-talent the rest of the division. And with keim at the controls, that just ain’t happening. It means we are at a significant disadvantage going into every year. A baseline disadvantage. And it keeps you in the 3 or 4 slot in the division.

Yes, but do you just spin the carousel every two years until you hit on the next Sean McVay? Eric Bienemy said "no" to an interview two years ago. We went on a league-wide coaching search in two consecutive years and landed on Steve Wilks and Kliff Kingsbury.

I think we have to get rid of Keim. That's the real answer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we competed for the divison most of the year even with this roster so the coaching was okay except at the end it all fell apart. The niners were at a disadvantage all year or by seasons end it would look worse than it does. The rams have better talent and finished slightly better but should be much better IMO so I will give the cards that much.

However, when the niners are at full health next year and the rams and seahawks come back, nothing is getting easier.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have to put a * at the end of that.

In my opinion you have to consider a bunch of his rushing touchdowns in most other offenses would still have been touchdowns by a RB.

I don't think you can say 37 is enough for playoffs when you factor that in.
And you can say some of the tds he's missed out the last 7 weeks were forced runs to Drake. We could say in a traditional offense he gets those easy play action TD's that I saw happen a lot in the NFL yesterday.

Anyways is this a bunch?

22 yard TD vs. 49ers
21 yard TD vs. WFT
14 yard TD vs. WFT
12 yard TD vs. Dolphins
8 Yard TD vs. Eagles
15 yard TD vs. Bills

Not to mention the rabbit out of his hat runs vs. the Seahawks and Lions where nothing was there and he found the endzone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal