This Team is About To Be Broken Up!

Western Font

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear JJ sounds like he’s keeping things together. Despite the frustration it doesn’t really seem smart to even halfway rebuild before CP’s status changes.

Speaking of frustration, I see all the same flaws in Ayton but he might actually be the last player I trade. Now Booker may be an exception based on his potential lifetime Sun resume. I *want* to say that Bridges is the last player I’d trade because I like his good games the most. I just see Ayton being a big man who doesn’t break down as soon as others. Of course they still have to match Ayton even if they don’t want to trade him.

I already almost anticipating the first game of next season. Though honestly I’m eastern time zone with young kids so I’ll hopefully enjoy the sleep for a bit.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear JJ sounds like he’s keeping things together. Despite the frustration it doesn’t really seem smart to even halfway rebuild before CP’s status changes.

Speaking of frustration, I see all the same flaws in Ayton but he might actually be the last player I trade. Now Booker may be an exception based on his potential lifetime Sun resume. I *want* to say that Bridges is the last player I’d trade because I like his good games the most. I just see Ayton being a big man who doesn’t break down as soon as others. Of course they still have to match Ayton even if they don’t want to trade him.

I already almost anticipating the first game of next season. Though honestly I’m eastern time zone with young kids so I’ll hopefully enjoy the sleep for a bit.
Yeah I just don't think our fixes are simple or even achievable unless we simply roll it back. Bring 'em all back and hope that Cam J builds on where he was prior to the injury in the Knicks game.

Bring Cam P back and cross your fingers that not only will he make it all the way back from injury but that he'll stay that way. Re-sign the two backup bigs (if they'll sign) and either re-sign Holiday or find a two way combo guard that Monty will trust.

I honesty just don't see the value in trading DA unless we're clearing the books and trading everyone we can. Except Bridges. I keep him even if we're tearing it all down and starting from scratch.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think Ricky is looking to play in Europe but if healthy, I'd consider him for the mininum.

I agree... if he's reasonably healthy and would be willing to sign for vet minimum (or thereabouts), he would definitely be a superior backup PG option to what we currently have, at least for next season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I just don't think our fixes are simple or even achievable unless we simply roll it back. Bring 'em all back and hope that Cam J builds on where he was prior to the injury in the Knicks game.

Bring Cam P back and cross your fingers that not only will he make it all the way back from injury but that he'll stay that way. Re-sign the two backup bigs (if they'll sign) and either re-sign Holiday or find a two way combo guard that Monty will trust.

I honesty just don't see the value in trading DA unless we're clearing the books and trading everyone we can. Except Bridges. I keep him even if we're tearing it all down and starting from scratch.

He was so damn good for that stretch.

Man he looked like he had totally broken out and was reaching the height of his powers in that Knicks game and then nothing once he came back.

big al

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe Willie Green would take him for some veteran leadership for that young, up and coming team!
Yeah we need to shoot the 3 better but we need an inside presence PERIOD.

The reason teams can defend us is because the know we are only shooting midrange or 3s. Cam Payne is our only real threat at the rim or penetration and that's very sad.

If Ayton stays he needs more touches, let him be who he can be, treat him like a first round pick and for the love of all that is holy GET A REAL BIGMAN COACH!
The reason DA looks lost sometimes is because if he shoots or drives and misses he's gonna hear about it more than any other player on the team. I'm positive Monte has him looking to pass out for a 3 before he does anything else, so when he gets the ball he's like ok passing mode instead of RIP THE EFING RIM OFF THE BACKBOARD AND WRAP IT AROUND LUKAS HEAD MODE! If DA had the go ahead his numbers would be closer or better than we expected.

We need to FIX this, add a serviceable PF so Crowder doesn't have to kill himself every night and a backup or frontup for CP3.
Thank you Muggz. Mark Bryant was a journeyman power forward in his day. Ayton needed a real big man coach Mark Bryant who seems to be asleep during the games but maybe he does his work in practice only. Former Rocket Hakeem used to work wonders for big man on short term sessions but I'm sure there's some quality big man coachs out there. Ayton's high shooting percentage was cause for more touches for him than he got and less for the inconsistent Jae Crowder with his shoot you in a game and shoot you out of more games. Add a real Power forward, replace backup pg Payne & the scared inconsistent Shamet who had the great job of only just shooting & creating his own shots and he couldn't give that!

Last edited:

big al

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns need more play makers and scorers. Also please order Ayton some stickum.
Mainstream yes & Ayton needed to practice catching the ball and keeping it up and out of reach of those guards from slapping it out of his hands and maybe they did practice that. LeBron uses stickum doesn't he?
The passive & controlled temperament type Monty seems to be ready to move on from Ayton but James Jones doesn't seems to. That 10-11 rebounds per game will be hard to replace that Ayton got and no one else seems to want to consistently grab rebounds but who knows somebody may fill the bill if Ayton is gone. And Ayton told Monty he can't pass the ball to himself. Ayton needed more touches and involvement. A 70% shooter is hard to find & pass to just ask Booker who did just that not pass to Ayton enough. A aggressive Ayton was needed too.

big al

Veteran
Reaction score
Ya, Jones is definitely not blowing up the team based upon remarks yesterday. Sounds like he is bringing the gang back but also looking for some tweeks to improve, and looking for the younger guys to improve and play better next year. This article goes through his main comments, not just about Ayton.

If I were the Suns I would look at someone like Dennis Schroder.
Only thing is could the Suns afford Schroder. Cam Payne is taking in $6.5 Mil and I like others wished Cam Payne gave more than he did on the court.

Western Font

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Low-effort post but I don’t like Schroeder and that’s why I think it might work. More seriously, having someone who thinks he should be the starter as #2 behind CP has its appeal. But I’m puzzled by Payne right now. People have been making some good points about how well he played during the season overall.