This Is Us (NBC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... it's like they're taunting the audience with his death. Like... oh, everything seems GREAT, but remember, Jack... Is... GOING TO DIE AND YOU WILL CRY!!!!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so...whats the show about? Because I read this entire thread and it sounds like general hospital back in the eighties... you know, when Luke and Laura were big, but dude got lost in south america and she slept with another guy cause she thought he was dead....but then that other old dude had an evil twin who was starting crap

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so...whats the show about? Because I read this entire thread and it sounds like general hospital back in the eighties... you know, when Luke and Laura were big, but dude got lost in south america and she slept with another guy cause she thought he was dead....but then that other old dude had an evil twin who was starting crap

Not like that at all. It’s just a really great family drama.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
I cant get into it at all anymore, since the Super Bowl episode. I'm not sure why. It went from must see to DVR clutter in one episode. The episode was good too! Anyone else?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was thinking this past episode showing the montage of cross-comparisons of life similarities was lame until they made me choke up at the end with Randall and Deja on the bed. So good, This Is Us, so good . . . you got me again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant get into it at all anymore, since the Super Bowl episode. I'm not sure why. It went from must see to DVR clutter in one episode. The episode was good too! Anyone else?

A little bit.

And I was stunned when they said next week was the season finale. For some reason, the show has felt a little scattered this year.

And I’m starting to feel like Mandy Moore is criminally underused. Or maybe she just has been this season. But she seems ENTIRELY defined by Jack. They need to give her room to breathe. At first I thought maybe that’s just because they loaded up on Jack until his death, or maybe this season loaded up there, but she’s magnetic on screen and they need more of her.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I had heard about this show, but never watched it. I've binge-watched the first half of season 1 ... now I'm hooked!

omg ... I love how richly developed the characters are. Will there be a season 3 this fall?

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had heard about this show, but never watched it. I've binge-watched the first half of season 1 ... now I'm hooked!

omg ... I love how richly developed the characters are. Will there be a season 3 this fall?

Tuesday, September 25. Glad you are watching!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it just me or has this show lost something so far this season?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
is it just me or has this show lost something so far this season?

Still love it. It still draws me in and captivates me... But, it does feel slightly less in all those ways this season. It also seems like they have wedges in commercials at a rate they never did before! Seriously, it feels like every 5 mins they go to commercial! Very frustrating...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not as powerful, but still in every episode I find an opportunity to get a tiniest bit misty eyed.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the first episode of the season but the last one I'm with you guys. Not as strong, but I was feeling that way during a lot of episodes last season as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the first episode of the season but the last one I'm with you guys. Not as strong, but I was feeling that way during a lot of episodes last season as well.
You’re MIA in the suns board. Can we expect you back when the regular season starts?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Thought the show last night got closer to show I've come to love... The emerging story of Kevin digging into his dad's Vietnam history is extremely compelling...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tonight's episode was a return to form... really good drama, good slicing of different story/timelines.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
tonight's episode was a return to form... really good drama, good slicing of different story/timelines.

A good friend of mine had a short role on last nights episode. He was the racist father of the girl going on a date with the young black fella.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Still love it. It still draws me in and captivates me... But, it does feel slightly less in all those ways this season. It also seems like they have wedges in commercials at a rate they never did before! Seriously, it feels like every 5 mins they go to commercial! Very frustrating...

Thought the show last night got closer to show I've come to love... The emerging story of Kevin digging into his dad's Vietnam history is extremely compelling...

I caught up with the last 3 episodes last night as I had DVR'd them.

I agree about the commercials. I hit the 30 second skip way more times than previously. As least I didn't have to watch them.

The Vietnam segment was extremely interesting to me. The segment of the show when they were watching the draft lottery was deja vu for me. My number was 34 (October 16).

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Vietnam segment was extremely interesting to me. The segment of the show when they were watching the draft lottery was deja vu for me. My number was 34 (October 16).

I had to turn off the TV during the lottery episode. Too many bad memories. My brother's number was 110. (It's one of those things that's burned in my brain.) Had he been born two days later he'd have had 366. Two of my brothers had already had their free trips to Vietnam by then (enlisted) and my mother was a mess that night. He didn't get the "Greetings" postcard...they stopped somewhere in the 90's IIRC.)

34.....dang.

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Still loving it but starting to get annoyed with those misleading teasers.

They made it seem like something was wrong with Beth (in one teaser where an older Randall with his adult daughter were seen going to a hospital "to see her") Then the preview where she says she "is not ok." Turns out she was just upset she had gotten fired. o_O

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Still loving it but starting to get annoyed with those misleading teasers.

They made it seem like something was wrong with Beth (in one teaser where an older Randall with his adult daughter were seen going to a hospital "to see her") Then the preview where she says she "is not ok." Turns out she was just upset she had gotten fired. o_O

I hear ya... yet, as overly-contrived as it can feel, there is always a more than slight realistic connection to be made... A strong degree of relatability to a story, or the character... At least for me...

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The premier last night was a mess, I thought. Trying to introduce a number of new characters via a "Grand Canyon" or "Traffic" method just didn't work. We found ourselves scratching our heads and WTF-ing this throughout. The time jumps just didn't work very well, either. Swing and a miss for us, and we love the show. Just too much too fast, methinks. We'll keep watching and hope they get it together fairly quickly.....

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The premier last night was a mess, I thought. Trying to introduce a number of new characters via a "Grand Canyon" or "Traffic" method just didn't work. We found ourselves scratching our heads and WTF-ing this throughout. The time jumps just didn't work very well, either. Swing and a miss for us, and we love the show. Just too much too fast, methinks. We'll keep watching and hope they get it together fairly quickly.....

It was definitely more unloading of story-lines than normal... But we were able to keep pace and can see how what was shared last night sets the stage for some pretty compelling stories in subsequent shows.