This is sadly pathetic

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adult children aren't doing anything to their parents..kick their ass out! Haha. But really.. maybe these parents complaining or having issues need to look in the mirror.. they probably set this precedent a LONG time ago. Kinda like you broke it, you fix it. Imo

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adult children aren't doing anything to their parents..kick their ass out! Haha. But really.. maybe these parents complaining or having issues need to look in the mirror.. they probably set this precedent a LONG time ago. Kinda like you broke it, you fix it. Imo
For sure. That was also an instant thought. Enabler parents.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We live in a victim culture for sure..and apparently enabling parents are no exception.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of this is just obvious it's MUCH more expensive now than it used to be. I saw a graph on FB this morning I don't remember the exact numbers but something like if you work at a minimum wage job you had to work 100 hours a week to afford college in the 90's and now have to work like 5000 hours. Rent etc all the same thing.

yes there are certainly young adults who just don't want to pay for everything too I see that as well, but I see lots who just barely make it by. One of my buddies at work is I think 24 or 25 not sure how old she is. College degree, works 2 jobs fulltime one part time another she works 60-70 hours a week. She just had to move back in with her parents to afford to pay off her college loans before she is ready for social security. And I see that pretty regularly.

It does suck that parents are giving up their retirement savings but it's a function of how the whole system is going IMO.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of this is just obvious it's MUCH more expensive now than it used to be. I saw a graph on FB this morning I don't remember the exact numbers but something like if you work at a minimum wage job you had to work 100 hours a week to afford college in the 90's and now have to work like 5000 hours. Rent etc all the same thing.

yes there are certainly young adults who just don't want to pay for everything too I see that as well, but I see lots who just barely make it by. One of my buddies at work is I think 24 or 25 not sure how old she is. College degree, works 2 jobs fulltime one part time another she works 60-70 hours a week. She just had to move back in with her parents to afford to pay off her college loans before she is ready for social security. And I see that pretty regularly.

It does suck that parents are giving up their retirement savings but it's a function of how the whole system is going IMO.
Agreed. It's definitely not black and white for sure.. and the whole system is a mess and will continue that path. But that's my opinion and a story for another time...but parents could probably do a better job of teaching their kids how to fish...I think that's a lost art nowadays. At the end of the day, I'm just not a fan of victim cards... But that's jmo.