This is not a champ offense without hop

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Interesting.

I think we were 8-2 with Hopkins and 3-4 without him.

He didn't have great stats but definitely brought value to the offense.

You must be registered for see images attach
he dictated coverage in a way that made it easier to read / attack

not the case anymore. so much underneath stuff now -- its why the comp % is still good, but the YPA is average.

i mean -- is this really surprising anyone? Take a top 5 in the NFL WR off the field and your offense suffers.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We can't. Hudson has at least 2-3 good seasons left in him and we may very well need 2 OGs this off season let alone other positions that are bare ( the entire DL, CB, maybe even WR)
Draft a center, play him at right guard. This allows him to see what hudson sees and hear what calls he makes when he sees it. If a guy is good enough to be a early round center he is certainly good enough to be an early round guard.

Then draft an early guard next year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft a center, play him at right guard. This allows him to see what hudson sees and hear what calls he makes when he sees it. If a guy is good enough to be a early round center he is certainly good enough to be an early round guard.

Then draft an early guard next year.
Nope nope nope. Sure Hudson isn't getting any younger, but he is still playing great football. I would argue the Cards next year should draft every other position than center. Sooo many other pressing needs.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Apply for GM somewhere, wish you the best
How did fantasy go hehe - I think a GM can just average all the websites predictions and make decent decisions across the board for most teams, will hit and miss some either way. It’s when they get so brilliant , instinct, gut feeling, that they usually flubber up the cake mix.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How did fantasy go hehe - I think a GM can just average all the websites predictions and make decent decisions across the board for most teams, will hit and miss some either way. It’s when they get so brilliant , instinct, gut feeling, that they usually flubber up the cake mix.
I actually won my fantasy football league this year which was a first... but I can say that Conner at this point might be more important than D-Hop, provided the coaches use him and Edmonds right :)

Reactions: PJ1

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I actually won my fantasy football league this year which was a first... but I can say that Conner at this point might be more important than D-Hop, provided the coaches use him and Edmonds right :)
You know I agree, I don’t know about more important, but complimentary, that’s what I really want in balance, I mean there is a good chance our RBs won’t have great yardage this game, probably won’t blow somebody’s shoulder through their back like happened to poor Watts.

good steady diet of rushing will make, oline, murray, wrs, defense and yes special teams better or let’s say easier. As an old soldier I can just say easier through disciplined fundamentals makes heroics more effective, And less needed. Makes coaching easier also, Conner can physically assault AD and Miller, may only get 1 yard, at first, but come 4th quarter, they rush the passer weaker and Conner gets stronger, really going to need it if we make it to Green Bay and the frozen tundra.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nope nope nope. Sure Hudson isn't getting any younger, but he is still playing great football. I would argue the Cards next year should draft every other position than center. Sooo many other pressing needs.
Yeah, but like @oaken1 keeps saying, you can then play him at guard for a few years. Guard is a pressing need.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This will be a great opportunity for Kingsbury to prove his game planning ability & and in-game decisions can make a difference. I‘m skeptical. He looks to have every weapon except Hopkins available. It’s a little late to discover that group isn’t good enough to win a wildcard game. LA will be playing without their top receiver & both starting safeties. Every team is hurting at this point. Time for a good coach to stand out.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be a great opportunity for Kingsbury to prove his game planning ability & and in-game decisions can make a difference. I‘m skeptical. He looks to have every weapon except Hopkins available. It’s a little late to discover that group isn’t good enough to win a wildcard game. LA will be playing without their top receiver & both starting safeties. Every team is hurting at this point. Time for a good coach to stand out.
Kupp is out?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Harry forgot we already played the Rams without Woods. With how long ODell had time to get acclimated with the Rams, bringing up Woods is irrelevant.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think Harry forgot we already played the Rams without Woods. With how long ODell had time to get acclimated with the Rams, bringing up Woods is irrelevant.
That’s like saying Hopkins is irrelevant because the Cards got Ertz. OBJ has played better than I expected but his numbers pail by comparison to Woods. Just like Ertz has played well but Hopkins was better.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s like saying Hopkins is irrelevant because the Cards got Ertz. OBJ has played better than I expected but his numbers pail by comparison to Woods. Just like Ertz has played well but Hopkins was better.
I think you bringing up Woods, when he has been out for months & the Rams had time to acclimate other players into their offense, add to the fact we ALREADY played them without Woods, is irrelevant.

I think that’s a bit different than having to acclimate players replacing Fuller & Rapp at the very last minute.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you’re confusing yourself.

Reread what you asked, then reread the 1 word answer I gave you.
I am not confused at all….I believe Kupp is the Rams top receiver and Harry said their top receiver was out….Harry clarified by saying one of their top receivers is out and that he was not referring to Kupp.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not confused at all….I believe Kupp is the Rams top receiver and Harry said their top receiver was out….Harry clarified by saying one of their top receivers is out and that he was not referring to Kupp.
You asked if Kupp was out.

I said “No”.

I can’t break it down anymore for you man.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You asked if Kupp was out.

I said “No”.

I can’t break it down anymore for you man.
You said he was referring to Van and that would mean Harry was indicating Van was their top receiver. He clarified he wasn’t saying that so I am all good. Carry on man.