This is not a champ offense without hop

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hops short term injuries and long term showed that without him on the field, this offense can't win games for you. Every since Hopkins left, it's basically been pray we can beat someone.

The watt loss decimated the defense too but not as bad as the offense. I'm not confident we get far into the post season aside from some luck.

Kirk is too hot and cold

Green lacks focus and passion
Ertz can only do so much

Murray gets to irritated with his players, his body language is terrible like he thinks everyone is holding him back.

If hop stepped on the field though, we score with precision because people are open every play. It's a whole different team.

Even when hip was hurt and only played a few plays one game....when he was on the field at 50% we moved down field with ease. The same game when he left the field, we looked like a pop Warner team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hops short term injuries and long term showed that without him on the field, this offense can't win games for you. Every since Hopkins left, it's basically been pray we can beat someone.

The watt loss decimated the defense too but not as bad as the offense. I'm not confident we get far into the post season aside from some luck.

Kirk is too hot and cold

Ertz can only do so much

Murray gets to irritated with his players, his body language is terrible like he thinks everyone is holding him back.

If hop stepped on the field though, we score with precision because people are open every play. It's a whole different team.

Even when hip was hurt and only played a few plays one game....when he was on the field at 50% we moved down field with ease. The same game when he left the field, we looked like a pop Warner team.
I’m not even sure we are great with Hopkins. We lack explosiveness on offense. We have no dynamic yac athletes.
Hopkins is precision especially on sideline passes.
Kirk disappears at times and will drop the key catch.
Ertz is catch, turn, get hit and dropped.
Green is nothing special and is down right terrible as a #1 Wr which he seems to be since Hopkins went down.
Edmonds is nothing more than a 3rd down change of pace who has shown to be injury plagued.
Conner is a solid runner who gets every inch out of his runs but will never be a guy that can take it to the house.
Our o-line is not dynamic against the run or the pass.
Moore, Dortch, Issabella who are suppose to be our speed guys can’t get on the field and when they do we don’t exploit our opponents defense.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not even sure we are great with Hopkins. We lack explosiveness on offense. We have no dynamic yac athletes.
Green is nothing special and is down right terrible as a #1 Wr which he seems to be since Hopkins went down.
Edmonds is nothing more than a 3rd down change of pace who has shown to be injury plagued.
Conner is a solid runner who gets every inch out of his runs but will never be a guy that can take it to the house.
Moore, Dortch, Issabella who are suppose to be our speed guys can’t get on the field and when they do we don’t exploit our opponents defense.
Moore has one season and was on the field for almost all of it. Let's not put Isabella in his sentences

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Kirk is too hot and cold

Ertz can only do so much

can’t disagree with anything you wrote, which is why I’m hoping against hope we can get Hop and Watt back to lead this team to the Lombardi trophy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think its the lack of Hop, Moore and Chase.

We had legit YAC guys, legit make you miss guys, etc etc.

Conner is great for the redzone, but was kinda ghost until the play he got hurt (in terms of carries)

Even Maxx Williams was more dangerous after the catch then Ertz as well. Not to mention our most physical blocker.

I've been against Murray relying on his legs, but that was because we had more than enough weapons not to need it

However, he is going to have to run his *** off in the playoffs if we want to make noise while Hopkins is out.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Moore has one season and was on the field for almost all of it. Let's not put Isabella in his sentences
I stil dont know how we went a full 17 games with Isabella never touching the football. Not a bubble screen, not a gadget play, not a deep shot, etc.

FWIW, I do think Kliff is saving lots of trick plays for the playoffs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stil dont know how we went a full 17 games with Isabella never touching the football. Not a bubble screen, not a gadget play, not a deep shot, etc.

One or two trick plays is not going to win in the playoffs.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

With the way this offense tends to sputter..I'd have no problem with tons of trick plays TBH

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
can’t disagree with anything you wrote, which is why I’m hoping against hope we can get Hop and Watt back to lead this team to the Lombardi trophy.
Watt will play. DHop absolutely No chance next week. DHop was on crutches even today

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray beside the powerful Conner has the worst array of weapons regarding teams heading into playoff
Lack of speed and elusivess make Murray job hard, he has to play elite football and he can't regularly
I didn't like his final drive, no awareness, horrible clock management, green couldn't catch almost nothing
Humphries was a disaster
If Rondale Moore is ready to go must be used in deep routes, to play the role he was playing we can use our running backs, Moore has to stretch the field and open defenses

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray beside the powerful Conner has the worst array of weapons of teams heading in to the playoff
Lack of speed and elusivess make Murray job hard, he has to play elite football and he can't regularly
I didn't like his final drive, no awareness, horrible clock management, green couldn't catch almost nothing
Humphries was a disaster
If Rondale Moore is ready to go must be used in deep routes, to play the role he was playing we can use our running backs, Moore has to stretch the field and open defenses
KK has to be willing to call plays for Moore first. Seems like he only wants him for gadget plays.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Just the offensive line alone makes this a team where it's tough to not be realistic and say Kyler Murray is going to be running for his life if he isn't already on his back. As much as I want the Cards to flip that switch; this pass rush from the Rams is scary enough and James Conner could be out; and then you have inexperienced rbs in pass protection unless Edmonds plays.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just the offensive line alone makes this a team where it's tough to not be realistic and say Kyler Murray is going to be running for his life if he isn't already on his back. As much as I want the Cards to flip that switch; this pass rush from the Rams is scary enough and James Conner could be out; and then you have inexperienced rbs in pass protection unless Edmonds plays.
Kyler runs often when he could just step up and release the ball.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Defenses have caught on to Kyler Murray's spin moves, his tendency to run outside, getting flushed out of the pocket often. Part of maturity is stepping up in the pocket, knowing your limits, knowing how to get rid of the football without turning it over, and knowing how to read defenses.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KK has to be willing to call plays for Moore first. Seems like he only wants him for gadget plays.
THIS. Send him down the field and throw him the ball. No short tosses and hoping he breaks someone's ankle with a juke in order to get a few yards.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This …. No separation. We depend on our good contested catch guys (Hopkins/Green) or Kyler needing to drop a dime.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Before his latest injury, I have been puzzled on why Moore isn't sent deep not just occasionally as one of the 2 or 3 deep shots a game on a normal team who is not over-doing it; but also just to test a defense, put some stress or tire them. Some say it's because of his and K1's heights. But more might say the olines deficiencies are covered up or once were enough as it is and K1 would not have enough time unless he did the scramble drill which could open him up to a knockout hit.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before his latest injury, I have been puzzled on why Moore isn't sent deep not just occasionally as one of the 2 or 3 deep shots a game on a normal team who is not over-doing it; but also just to test a defense, put some stress or tire them. Some say it's because of his and K1's heights. But more might say the olines deficiencies are covered up or once were enough as it is and K1 would not have enough time unless he did the scramble drill which could open him up to a knockout hit.
The same could be said for Issabella. You mean to tell me we can’t put him in a couple of times a game to run derp and draw a safety over?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
So waa - we can’t out perform defenses at their peak! Tell them we are going to pass and then pass successfully regardless of what they say or do Without hop. Billy Jack em , I’m going take my left foot and kick you on the right side of your face, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it!

so we have to play fundamentally sound balanced football and earn play action. Kyler can win it by himself if given time. If not he will get sacked repeatedly for long losses. Oline will be backing up to pass block, instead of forward to road grade all game long. But Kyler can still win it ….

defense could use some rest , it’s an active defense, that’s what they mean by aggressive. Dudes running long way just to disguise what their doing most plays, hurry up actually rests them! Kyler could still win it by himself.

conner is tough, will be there for the playoffs, feed him, feed chase, feEd all of em until rams are crap full, then pierce their heart with a bomb, earn it with balance, rpo, play action. but really think Conner can win it in his own.
but really shouldn’t have too, coach should call rb numbers 1/2.the time.

yes Conner will be mvp, if you feed him, like after he gets warmed up at 15 carries, and the rams are gassed.

or our defense can win it, all they got to do is rattle Stanford again. JJ may just reach across the field, toss out all his teeth and bones, roll him up in a zig zag - and smoke his nervous AZ!

maybe the one time NFL mvp has fresh legs and ability. Yes JJ could win it by himself. But my bets on Conner - if we feed him like he deserves. If not chase could win it on his own.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose