This is a list of insulting names for many NBA teams.

Reaction score
Brooklyn Nuts
New York Hicks
Chicago Fools
Cleveland Have-a-Beers
Milwaukee Sucks
Miami Cold

Golden State Pacifists
Los Angeles Clinkers
Los Angeles Fakers
Sacramento Queens
Dallas Mud
Houston Rocks
New Orleans Seagulls
San Antonio Sporks
Denver Nougats
Oklahoma City Blunder
Utah Spazz

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know this is nitpicking and I'm not against having so many threads, but since you say you are a writer in some capacity can you use punctation and capitalization correctly on the thread titles?

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
No one's ever asked me to do that on any forum since I discovered the web about twenty-five years ago; but certainly, if it please the forum.

It's just that I'd better go all the way, since "List of Insulting Names for Many NBA Teams" is not a complete sentence. Therefore, the new title will be "This Is A List of Insulting Names For Many NBA Teams."

Considering that that request was absurd and you know it, I understand perfectly well that what you really want is for me to not post any more posts. No problem.

Moderators, I see that I can't delete my own threads (unless there's a button and I haven't found it). It took me a week or so to figure out that I'm making everyone angry by posting posts, and I don't particularly enjoy that; so I wouldn't mind if you zap them.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No one's ever asked me to do that on any forum since I discovered the web about twenty-five years ago; but certainly, if it please the forum.

It's just that I'd better go all the way, since "List of Insulting Names for Many NBA Teams" is not a complete sentence. Therefore, the new title will be "This Is A List of Insulting Names For Many NBA Teams."

Considering that that request was absurd and you know it, I understand perfectly well that what you really want is for me to not post any more posts. No problem.
No, not at all. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just anal when it comes to capitalization, that's it.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
No, not at all. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just anal when it comes to capitalization, that's it.
Okay, that I also understand. I sure don't mind. I'm just done making (other) people angry.

I must say, though, that it's a less nasty forum than my old forum from when I was still a fan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay, that I also understand. I sure don't mind. I'm just done making (other) people angry.

I must say, though, that it's a less nasty forum than my old forum from when I was still a fan.
Just a couple pieces of advice:

We all share a little something personal about us as we’ve gotten to know each other over time, but your regular bashing of the other forum is a tad bit tedious and typically doesn’t hold much relevance to whatever topic is being discussed.

No need to keep referencing that you “used to be” a fan. We get it. You were out. Obviously, from your current participation on a suns board, you’re back in, no need for the “when I was still a fan.”

Just recommendations to make your posts a little more readable.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
You could have perceived a compliment to your forum, which it was. Snark, a form of bullying, is actually held to a comparative minimum here.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You could have perceived a compliment to your forum, which it was. Snark, a form of bullying, is actually held to a comparative minimum here.
I understood the compliment. It’s just you’ve now pointed this out in a number of posts. We get it. Don’t need to bludgeon us with the information and you don’t need to compliment us, you’re already welcome here.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you're doing fine, angel.
yes, the snark flavor of bullying is alive here too and there's a clique to contend with
but, overall, there are more intelligent views here than the average sports forum

as for grammar and punctuation
they can block/hide your posts and then brag about doing that if they don't like your style

it reads fine for me

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
?

:) You people, with your constant incomprehensible in-jokes...

I don't think there are many inside jokes here outside of Ouchie and Cheese with their "Borg" stuff. They're brothers in real life, which you may or may not have learned yet.

I'd recommend trying to remember posters to a certain extent because this is a smaller community with maybe 40-50 regular posters. Avatars help differentiate who is who. Most don't change theirs very often, if at all. That will make posting here more enjoyable. I was a lurker for months before I started posting regularly and I'm grateful for that because I was able to learn the lay of the land without being too disruptive.

I enjoy seeing new people like you make an effort to fit in. It'll take a little time but you seem to be a dedicated fan who genuinely wants to talk Suns and NBA stuff so you picked a decent time to start here since we're in the middle of a great run and the off-season is close and when that is upon us, this board gets a bit looser since there are a lot of basketball junkies who want to talk shop to pass the time until next season starts.