This game will be a treatise of KK's offensive "genius".

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure 38 will be enough. I would venture to say 42-45 may be necessary. The Cowboys will be aggressive coming after KK. KK will need to make them pay with his legs. It'll be a tough game. Dallas will be playing for Dak & the officiating will be horrendous. You can count on that.

Aw man PA. I don't have enough Tagamet in my cabinet for that kind of game brother.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All you haters will love Kingsbury and Murray when it's all said and done. We don't know the ceiling on either of these guys. But their base,, the worst they can do, is better than many teams have. Kingsbury is already a top 10 coach and Murray a top 10 QB.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it won't. Not more than any other game at least.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
how many points validates KK's offense? just curious

28? 31? 35?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff's offense has never scored more that 32 points. It's too slow and methodical to score more on it's own, especially with the number of stalled drives we have from penalties.

Without a defensive or ST touchdown to help (which we haven't had in how long?) then I can't see us breaking 32. Not without a considerable change in how deep we throw.
Well, I’m thrilled about being wrong about how many points we would need!

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, it won't. Not more than any other game at least.

Aj, I'm here to give KK his full and total props today. My point was that with the Cowboys' defense being historically bad, if we were unable to score, that would speak to his inability to scheme offensive success. A 27-17 loss would have driven me to the insane asylum, but our HC was able to overcome Kyler's erratic play early and call a damn good game. Again, I tip my cap to that brother today.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aj, I'm here to give KK his full and total props today. My point was that with the Cowboys' defense being historically bad, if we were unable to score, that would speak to his inability to scheme offensive success. A 27-17 loss would have driven me to the insane asylum, but our HC was able to overcome Kyler's erratic play early and call a damn good game. Again, I tip my cap to that brother today.

Yeah. To recover from 2 ugly losses with two blowout wins means he must be doing something right.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you haters will love Kingsbury and Murray when it's all said and done. We don't know the ceiling on either of these guys. But their base,, the worst they can do, is better than many teams have. Kingsbury is already a top 10 coach and Murray a top 10 QB.

Is being critical being a "hater"? I mean is it that black and white?

I am one of Murray's biggest fans and I think he is just outside that top 10 right now.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i am very optimistic on both KK and K1

i also think neither is even close to being a finished product

I dont think KK is in the top 3rd of the league, but i am also very happy with how he has done so far.

i dont think K1 is top 10 right now, for this season. But i cant think of more than 4 QBs i would trade him for.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I dont think KK is in the top 3rd of the league, but i am also very happy with how he has done so far.

i dont think K1 is top 10 right now, for this season. But i cant think of more than 4 QBs i would trade him for.

Yep

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is being critical being a "hater"? I mean is it that black and white?

I am one of Murray's biggest fans and I think he is just outside that top 10 right now.

Fair enough.

I tend to agree with Peter King, on Colin Cowherd just now. He said normally he'd be asleep by halftime of a Monday night game, after writing his articles. But he stayed up just to watch Kyler. He said Lamar has peaked, completing under 60% of his passes the last 4 games. So when we talk about Kylers accuracy we need to keep some perspective.

We don't know what Kyler is yet. Kyler himself may not even know.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I disagree that K1 isn't a top ten quarterback. He isn't a top ten passer, but he absolutely is a top 10 QB, if not top five.

QBs I would take over him, I can count on one hand when you factor how much he can improve as a passer.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I disagree that K1 isn't a top ten quarterback. He isn't a top ten passer, but he absolutely is a top 10 QB, if not top five.

QBs I would take over him, I can count on one hand when you factor how much he can improve as a passer.

Exactly, if you had to choose from ten starting QBs to presently start for your team with winning the game being the objective, K1 would make that list. Initially, I did not see the comp because Kyler was more pocket oriented to pass in his mindset while being crisp with his accuracy, but he really looks like Michel Vick right now. That's not a bad thing, and a young Vick would also have been considered a top ten QB... it's about his growth as a passer due to him running so much that people feel compelled to judge him

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA