This game is 100% on Keim and Arians

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this game is on our arrogant front office who thought we could run this season with a rookie long snapper and could keep going with an injured punter.

Period. End of story. BA's arrogance has bled onto the field and into personnel decisions.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It is more on BA, he makes the calls when it comes to keeping a rookie long snapper, having Ellington do Kick returns and calling out the players. Let's not forget his let's go deep down the middle of the field every play

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% on Arians just like the patriots loss was on him as well

He preaches accountability for his players but refuses to take any for himself

Last year was peak Arians it's all downhill from here for the Cardinals

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% on Arians just like the patriots loss was on him as well

He preaches accountability for his players but refuses to take any for himself

Last year was peak Arians it's all downhill from here for the Cardinals

Sure, I'm in. Let's just kick BA to the curb. It's all downhill. He's done. It's over. He's lost the team.
Worst personnel manager ever. Most arrogant coach ever.

Fire him on the plane ride.... lolololol

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's
Sure, I'm in. Let's just kick BA to the curb. It's all downhill. He's done. It's over. He's lost the team.
Worst personnel manager ever. Most arrogant coach ever.

Fire him on the plane ride.... lolololol
Let's put our head in the sand and sing Koombaya. He has been great. This season he has not. You can either call it like it is or be fake but it doesn't change anything. This team is a bad 1-2. This was a terrible loss.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
special teams is atrocious, but I just don't think we are as talented as we think we are. We look like a .500 team. This team has glaring holes in pass protection and the defense. The offense is so inconsistent as well. This Bills team came limping in here 0-2 without their best offensive player and turmoil in the FO and handed it to us, unbelievable.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The stupidity of having only 1 NT active and 5 cb's is just unthinkable. There was no risk of them beating us through the air. Tharold Simon should not have dressed. X Williams should have. Bills ran right down the middle for huge gains all day.

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The stupidity of having only 1 NT active and 5 cb's is just unthinkable. There was no risk of them beating us through the air. Tharold Simon should not have dressed. X Williams should have. Bills ran right down the middle for huge gains all day.

Agree with this completely.

Also, why do we keep passing when we have an all pro running back and a spectacular backup?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not close to being done with Arians, but he needs to show a) he can adjust his offense which the league seems to be adjusting to more and more and b) for ONCE focus on STs because in general they suck.

He did an amazing job his first three years, but coaches who are in it for the long haul must adjust as the league adjusts to them.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
"Cards had a lot of deficiencies today: Special teams, protection, run defense & miscommunication with the quarterback and wide receivers."

no kidding.

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not close to being done with Arians, but he needs to show a) he can adjust his offense which the league seems to be adjusting to more and more and b) for ONCE focus on STs because in general they suck.

He did an amazing job his first three years, but coaches who are in it for the long haul must adjust as the league adjusts to them.

That's more or less my point. His own arrogance is getting in the way of proper adjustment and preparation. Both games were lost mostly because of this. There's some other blame to go around but this is mainly a coaching issue. Not caring about STs and being almost defiant about them by not bringing in a punter or long snapper is just absurd.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Coaching staff needs to be held accountable for this game. Team was unprepared and adjustments were not made.
Yep this team looks like they never practice or prepare, they get embarrassed constantly. Starts with the HC and the players he's kept

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's

Let's put our head in the sand and sing Koombaya. He has been great. This season he has not. You can either call it like it is or be fake but it doesn't change anything. This team is a bad 1-2. This was a terrible loss.

Didn't say it wasn't a bad loss. Just making the point that running Coach Arians out of town on a rail
because of the team's bad start to the season is laughable. Hysterical imo

Oh, and I have my head in the sand singing kumbaya with my homes as I type this.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
That's more or less my point. His own arrogance is getting in the way of proper adjustment and preparation. Both games were lost mostly because of this. There's some other blame to go around but this is mainly a coaching issue. Not caring about STs and being almost defiant about them by not bringing in a punter or long snapper is just absurd.

I seem to remember a coach who was defiantly stubborn about his bad decisions and it got him fired. That coach also neglected special teams and the backup QB situation

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yea those are the two things that just give me pause if BA has really earned the label as genius. Our ST is terrible but it is never addressed. Our backup QB is hot garbage which basically means you put all the eggs of this teams hopes in one old and injury prone basket. We have seen more than serviceable backups perform very good already this season. To believe Stanton is the best insurance policy for this team let alone our future is insane, especially when we had years to resolve it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea those are the two things that just give me pause if BA has really earned the label as genius. Our ST is terrible but it is never addressed. Our backup QB is hot garbage which basically means you put all the eggs of this teams hopes in one old and injury prone basket. We have seen more than serviceable backups perform very good already this season. To believe Stanton is the best insurance policy for this team let alone our future is insane, especially when we had years to resolve it.
+1

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And I'm not saying BA isn't a good coach and he hasn't made huge strides with turning this team around, he has. It seems like We got a ceiling tho and went on cruise control instead of continuing to improve all aspects of this team.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but just because BA got us out of Egypt but it doesn't mean he can take us to the promised land. I hope he can, but there is just some glaring issues that seem like they would addressed by every other organization out there that we don't. It feels like this same type of mentality may be trickling into other aspects that go into preparedness, play calling, etc.

Only time will tell.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Why not try to get a Trevor Simeian-type player in the late rounds every other year. Stanton has proven to be horrible

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
How can there be miscommunications between QB and WRs when there have been no changes to the personnel? That is coaching...

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The people on this team that should have been replaced before the season are: Bettcher, ST coach, punter and long snapper. I still don't know how you go into a season with super bowl aspirations and have a rookie long snapper. Pure ego is what kept us from signing a more experienced veteran. Same with punter. Why have we kept him so long. Last year I gave Bettcher the benefit of the doubt but it's obvious he is over his head. This is starting to remind me of Wiz keeping Russ Grimm around when it was obvious he sucked.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson