Thinking on the Edge

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Assuming Jones is gone (I believe he is) the Cards are in a tough spot. Several on the board have called for the return of Haason Reddick. He is certainly a consideration. He’s young enough for a decently long term contract and likely could be signed for about half the cost of re-signing Jones. He’s been sound as a pass rusher, but less so as a run stopper & pass defender. Then there’s the draft, my hope for Johnson has faded away. The Cards have too many needs to trade up high to get him. So who will likely be available. Karlafits, Mafe and Walker seem to be the leading candidates at this point. The Combine may give us a little insight. The evaluations are so scattered there may be others but my survey of trusted evaluators told me these guys were the most likely ones to be there at 23. After the combine, we’ll dig a little deeper.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure Johnson isn't there at #23 purely due to scheme fit.

He's a 255-260lb Edge. He's much more suited to a 3-4 standup OLB than in a 3 point stance in a 4-3 and there are only so many teams ahead of us that need a 3-4 OLB.

The Vikings likely switch to a 3-4 and need Edge. They pick at #12.

The Ravens at #14 and Chargers at #17 have a need but they have bigger needs.

The Eagles are big obstacle as they do play some 3 man front and already have lighter edge guys like Josh Sweat and they have 3 picks in the teens. But they need probably a couple of O line with those picks.

Then it's us at #23.

I think it's Vikings, Eagles or he's still on the board. I like Ojabo too so chance at least one of them is there.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yet, we did not secure him and if the Panthers do not bring Haason Reddick back at a premium position in the NFL, it says something, and would Reddick even want to be a Cardinal again

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yet, we did not secure him and if the Panthers do not bring Haason Reddick back at a premium position in the NFL, it says something, and would Reddick even want to be a Cardinal again

Yeah, well I doubt there were many on this board who wanted to pick up Haason's fifth-year option.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low 20s is a terrible spot to be in, with a team with so many holes due to pending FAs.