Thinking Defensively

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Donald is focused on penetration in their defensive scheme. A better comparison would be a DE. Brockers averaged a combined 4 tackles and assists per game. He also had 5 sacks.
lol, so Zach Allen should be cut because he isnt a first team All-Pro like Brockers...

what did you see out of the rest of the Dline that was so much better than Allen? he clearly has the best motor out of those guys and was producing well down the stretch.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expected flack on this one. Played 4 games, 1 start last season. Played 13 games, 7 starts this year, with tons of DL injuries (including his). He is fragile. He has never caused or recovered a fumble. In about half his games his tackle & assists total is 2 or less. He finally got 2 sacks this season. He’s cheap, so they may keep him, but his production is not significant. Yeah, they may keep him but tell me why you like him. He did play his best late in 2 of the last 3. Not certain that’s a ringing endorsement. He played half the snaps against San Fran and I’d little.

Fragile?

It's a freaking "crash" sport!

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
do you really believe this roster is worse than the Jets?

then KK is a genius to squeeze 8 wins out of it

I’d be more impressed if they beat more than 2 good teams. They played loser after loser. They played first or second time starting QBs, QBs who later got released, QBs who later got benched and teams missing both starting receivers. 2 other QBs they played are expected to be cut. It’s hard to imagine an easier schedule. In the end they played mediocre teams and ended with a mediocre, 8-8 record. Nothing surprising there.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have him sign a contract something like this;

4 years 50 million - 20 million at signing.

Year 1 salary - 1 mil - cap hit 6 mi

Year two salary 5 mil - cap hit 10 mil

Year three salary 9 mil - cap hit 14 mil

Final year salary15 mil - 20 mil cap hit.

Obliviously hrs not seeing year 4 and is released with 5 mil dead money. That's 35 over 3 years and very cap friendly.

Try: Obviously

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guernsey:

I accept that you can only play who is on your schedule. But knowing the competition helps to put those numbers in perspective. How many 9 loss teams did we play in 2019? How many backup QBs or rookie QBs in their second game? Context?

How many times was a loss not related to our defensive play?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Six million? Are you forgetting the 20 million signing bonus? He's getting 21 mil the six of just the cap hit.
You’re right I read that wrong. Those aren’t roster bonuses. So you’re paying $21 mil up front to a guy with one solid year. That’s a lot of dead money if he doesn’t make it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be more impressed if they beat more than 2 good teams. They played loser after loser. They played first or second time starting QBs, QBs who later got released, QBs who later got benched and teams missing both starting receivers. 2 other QBs they played are expected to be cut. It’s hard to imagine an easier schedule. In the end they played mediocre teams and ended with a mediocre, 8-8 record. Nothing surprising there.
This

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
You’re right I read that wrong. Those aren’t roster bonuses. So you’re paying $21 mil up front to a guy with one solid year. That’s a lot of dead money if he doesn’t make it.
We were talking about pp21? So he is not a one year wonder. Did you think we're taking about Reddick?