Think We Missed A Gift with Blount

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just sayin...Big bruising backs dont just appear this late in the season. I think BASK could have kept him in line for our run this season.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard he was going to sign with AZ, but then he got high.

Now I'm stuck in new england freezing my ass off and I know whyyyyyyyyyy

Because I got high, Because I got high, Because I got Higggghhhhhhh

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nah, I don't want a mediocre player with an attitude problem screwing up the chemistry of this team.

I'd have accepted Ben Tate's attitude, because I think he's actually talented.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
you have to figure Arians still talks to Pitt staff --- and i am sure the Pitt staff just killed the guy

as i posted elsewhere -- a little unusual to see members of the team publicly saying its better that he left. That says something

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I think they had to decide which back to put a claim on, as they couldn't take a chance to wind up with both...too bad, we need him.

OP
OP
Reddog

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you have to figure Arians still talks to Pitt staff --- and i am sure the Pitt staff just killed the guy

as i posted elsewhere -- a little unusual to see members of the team publicly saying its better that he left. That says something

I heard we were interested but we had put in a claim on Tait so we couldn't pursue Blount because we might be stuck with both contracts.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How about just going for it all and trading Fitzgerald for A. Peterson. You could extend his career by alternating him with Ellington. Now that would make us the ultimate contender.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about just going for it all and trading Fitzgerald for A. Peterson. You could extend his career by alternating him with Ellington. Now that would make us the ultimate contender.

Or we could petition the courts to let OJ Simpson out on work release and plug him in. Or we could put bananas on a moonbounce, take dogs to the cat park and grow an orchard of ovens in Nebraska.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trading Fitz for a guy who beats kids and can't play the rest of this year? Lay off the pot. Your brain has been damaged.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I heard we were interested but we had put in a claim on Tait so we couldn't pursue Blount because we might be stuck with both contracts.

I'm not sure exactly how rather rules work in this situation--

But once Tate was claimed, what would have stopped the Cards from offering Blount a contract? He cleared waivers.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
We didn't miss anything-----we are 32nd in order right now due to our leading the NFL in W/L percentage. He never made it that far before he was picked by a team. We never were in the picture.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly how rather rules work in this situation--

But once Tate was claimed, what would have stopped the Cards from offering Blount a contract? He cleared waivers.

Tate and Blount were released the same day and each team only has 24 hours to file the claim, meaning Cards would've had to submit both claims at once with worst case scenario being they got both or none. Once Blount cleared, he could choose wherever and going back to a system he knows is easier than harassing to the Cards.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I heard he started over Gray today AND scored a TD.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Blount cleared waivers and Tate did not. If we wanted Blount, he'd be a Cardinal.

Had Blount been claimed off waivers what contract would the team have been on the hook for? Thats the only way we get him. Once he cleared waivers I don't think anyone else was going to sign him while the Pats had an interest. He knows the team and coaches and has had success there.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Think that Blount wore out his welcome with the Steelers. Would he had done the same thing with the Cardinals? Maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
78 yards and two TDs...he would've been nice to have out in SEA with those conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA