They tried to trade Ayton!

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
Ayton is a journeyman player at best. He doesn't want to be anything more than that. Hes already made life changing money. He will be fine hanging around the NBA for another 6-7 years collecting way more than he worth because hes a big athletic dude.

He will never be an all-star, and he will never be an NBA champion

rolling eyes

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's see him do it consistently. There's no way anyone could say he's done his job well this season. You can't even say he's done his job well all month. He's been doing it well for 2 games in a row. Let's hope that continues.

that’s not true his defense has been excellent for the most part this year.

His offense hasn’t been great but neither has bookers.

Muggz

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's see him do it consistently. There's no way anyone could say he's done his job well this season. You can't even say he's done his job well all month. He's been doing it well for 2 games in a row. Let's hope that continues.
Cant say it about Booker or CP3 either. Other than maybe Cam Payne there's not a damn person on this team that has lived up to expectations. Ill support DAs game tonight he was a beast. I'm hoping he's turned that corner, As a fan ive got nothing else. Ill bash the team or player that is sucking it up but ill praise a good performance as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This thread and conversation isn't about Booker or Paul, its about Ayton. Bringing them up doesn't help paint Ayton as a better player.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread was there any detail on who they contacted and what they were looking for? just curious what they thought the market for Ayton would be.

I get that he's not set the league on fire and he needs to play harder than he does, but he is an elite rebounder and his first 2 years he was a pretty good scorer albeit not taking to the basket hard enough. This year his scoring is down for whatever reason. THe obvious of course is a guy that big and strong and athletic should not average less than 3 fta's a game

Mainstreet

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread was there any detail on who they contacted and what they were looking for? just curious what they thought the market for Ayton would be.

I get that he's not set the league on fire and he needs to play harder than he does, but he is an elite rebounder and his first 2 years he was a pretty good scorer albeit not taking to the basket hard enough. This year his scoring is down for whatever reason. THe obvious of course is a guy that big and strong and athletic should not average less than 3 fta's a game

There is speculation it was for Giannis or perhaps Towns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We don't really know but I don't believe they shopped him per se, they just inquired about unhappy stars with the idea that Ayton would be the center piece of our side of the deal. I suspect they found out that it would take Ayton and quite a bit more for the 2 or 3 stars we probably looked at.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
If Ayton was on another team, we would be dying to trade for him.

He's received some outlash nationally this season, so i wouldn't think so. Mainly due to us having cp3 and us atually having a game or two televised.