They come in 3's Michael Beasley admits he was ineligible to play college ball

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beasley was sued by his former agent for breach of contract and in his counter suit he claims the agent conspired with his mom and his AAU coach to funnel money to Beasley's mom starting when he was 14 years old in exchange for him signing with the agent when he turned pro. After Beasley fired the agent claiming he fetl betrayed, the agent sued and now Beasley is counter suing saying misrepresentation etc.

I think KSU is still under the statute of limitations so the NCAA could vacate that season. The key is the AAU angle the program he played for DC Assault was Dalonte Hill's former AAU team, Hill was the guy Huggins hired to get Beasley to commit there, Hill says he didn't know anything about payments to the mom but it started when he was still the AAU coach so if it's true the NCAA could claim Hill knew Beasley was ineligible.

So that's 3 guys from that class Mayo, Rose and Beasley all should have been ineligible.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Beasley was sued by his former agent for breach of contract and in his counter suit he claims the agent conspired with his mom and his AAU coach to funnel money to Beasley's mom starting when he was 14 years old in exchange for him signing with the agent when he turned pro. After Beasley fired the agent claiming he fetl betrayed, the agent sued and now Beasley is counter suing saying misrepresentation etc.

I think KSU is still under the statute of limitations so the NCAA could vacate that season. The key is the AAU angle the program he played for DC Assault was Dalonte Hill's former AAU team, Hill was the guy Huggins hired to get Beasley to commit there, Hill says he didn't know anything about payments to the mom but it started when he was still the AAU coach so if it's true the NCAA could claim Hill knew Beasley was ineligible.

So that's 3 guys from that class Mayo, Rose and Beasley all should have been ineligible.

This is why the "1 and done" rule should have never been approved. Kids, who I feel are the victims of greedy parents and handlers, just take advantage as college coaches ensure they are eligible to play and the school ends up suffering in the end. Don't get me wrong kids are victims but they do reap the benefits. Do you think Beasley cares if the NCAA vacates KSU's season or takes away his awards? And I answer, NO!

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why the "1 and done" rule should have never been approved. Kids, who I feel are the victims of greedy parents and handlers, just take advantage as college coaches ensure they are eligible to play and the school ends up suffering in the end. Don't get me wrong kids are victims but they do reap the benefits. Do you think Beasley cares if the NCAA vacates KSU's season or takes away his awards? And I answer, NO!

It got worse, Sports by Brooks has stuff from the court docs filed by Beasley. He said that KSU absolutely hired Hill to get him, it was a well understood package deal if they hired Hill, he'd commit to KSU. That is a violation, the rule has always been impossible to prove it's why they put in the hire a relative in a non coaching position is against the rules rule, so they didn't have to prove intent. Well Beasley put in sworn statements that it was a deal so major violation.

Then he said they paid(the agent) to move his mom to Kansas so she should "keep other agents off him" while he was at K State. And that included more than 6 months rent and car payments the agent made.

So if the NCAA rules Hill should have known, K State will get nailed and Hill and Huggins could both get show cause.