The Young Receivers

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

I don’t see Murray making the choice but I’m hearing Lamb over Jeudy. Rumors are everywhere, it’s far to early to be certain.

Cardsfaninlouky and daves like this.
  2. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

I will be shocked if we don't draft a WR in rounds 1 or 2 unless we make a trade for a WR pre-draft.

kerouac9 likes this.
  3. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

I know you're more hopeful for the Oline than most. I do agree that Kyler certaintly was the reason for a lot of his sacks.

However, I'm banking on coaching development. Butler, Johnson and Isabella HAVE to be better next year.
    I'm going Oline with the first two picks. Fill the RT spot and get an upgrade at C in the 2nd round. Everywhere else is solid enough.

There's going to be a day 2 or day 3 WR that surprises. Time for Keim to find that guy.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  4. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

I say that because I don't expect us to be high flying on offense next year anyway. Lets get the run game going. We've got backs and a QB who can move. Think we win games that way.

Hopefully Kyler can improve so he can one day carry the load like Kliff wants in a few years.

5. WildBB

WildBB GL - MG!

I like SF's three back system. One goes down you don't need to revamp your whole game plan.

Cardsfaninlouky and SoonerLou like this.
  6. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I'm happy with either guy I think you generally would pick who you think is going to be best not who will have the most instant rapport but I agree that we're building around Kyler so it makes sense to pick the guy he's most comfortable with. I think Jeudy is the better WR now and the better prospect(faster I think) but I don't think there's such a big difference you don't just go with who Kyler wants.

I'll be happy with either kid

7. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I think one will do well with Jeudy or Lamb, though I prefer Jeudy... let's just hope Temple does not have a WR which is invited to the combine lol

Cardsfaninlouky and Russ Smith like this.
  8. Bkbobo

Bkbobo Registered

I am hoping the three young receivers will have some personal development during the offseason. Now that Kliff has been a coach for a year, I really hope he can better utilize these guys. He seems open to adapt his plays to the talent he has. Hoping he can design plays that suit these guys skillsets. Just a thought.

9. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

I think both will underwhelm to be honest. Historically speaking, only 4 WRs drafted in the top 10 since 2005 have not been busts. Mike Evans, Julio Jones, AJ Green, and Calvin Johnson. All physical freaks. Neither Jeudy or Lamb fit that criteria.

Cardsfaninlouky, daves and Solar7 like this.
  10. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

2nd round WRs have a much better success rate over that same period of time.

Cardsfaninlouky and Solar7 like this.
  11. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Ok but that doesn't guarantee anything. We're literally about to go into another year with Fitz as our best Wr. We have to upgrade their. I'm not saying either of those kids will be Fitz, I'm just saying because it hasn't happened in recent years doesn't mean it can't this year. There's been 3 WR's drafted in the top 10 in the last 4 drafts, all in 2017, Mike Williams, Corey Davis and John Ross. That was a crazy draft the best player, Mahomes, went 10th, Watson went 12th, Adams at 6 was the best of the top picks(Fournette has been good not great). It was a bad draft with 4 great players in the first round(McCaffrey at 8 too).

Jeudy and Lamb would have been the first WR taken in every one of those drafts IMO.

Lagerfilled, PACardsFan and Stout like this.
  12. juza76

juza76 Registered

I have no much confidence in our young receivers

The Isabella and Johnson regressed during the year and they have been invisible

Kirk is just what he is, at best a third WR, has below average hands and use to drop crucial catches, so maybe concentration is another issue

About Butler they were eager to put him on IR even if he had a non ending season injury,
    It should speak for itself (I still hope he can turn in to the next Galloway)

I see us getting a WR again in this draft, hopefully in the first 2 rounds

If Simmons isnt there at 8 I would go with Lamb, otherwise I ll be happy to get one between Ruggs Higgins Shevault in round 2

Cardsfaninlouky and daves like this.
  13. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I think you’re both right. Juedy/Lamb are the best prospects since Amari and Amari was the best since Julio/AJ. But all were a significant step below those two...

There have been a lot of #1 or borderline WR’s not picked in the first rd..

Alshon Jeffrey
    TY Hilton
    Keenan Allen
    Davante Adams
    Jarvis Landry
    Michael Thomas
    Tyreek Hill
    Juju Smith-Schuster
    Chris Godwin
    AJ Brown
    DK (maybe)
    Deebo (maybe)

Just guarantee me Reagor or Aiyuk at #40 and I would be happy with almost any guy at 8 but I don’t like WR as a huge need compared to other spots. We’ll see how position of need affects their big board.

14. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Oh come now, at best he is a number two but surely never will be a number one. "If we did not have Fitz", think about that sentiment, shows how we need a strong WR to this group... but with Fitz we can function as a offense, but this defense is another story

15. juza76

juza76 Registered

As much as I like Fitzgerald should have a limited role on the offense next year
    He doesn't get separation and 80% of the interceptions were thrown made to him