The Witcher (Netflix)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I said it was a misstep. I didn't say it was the end of the world. IMO, it's the equivalent of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and it was unnecessary. That's all I said. The rest we agree on. It was in need of a reboot because the halfbaked attempt at replicating what Marvel did was a disaster.
It’s a shame because for the most part the casting was pretty good. Especially Gal Gadot. I can’t imagine anyone else playing WW. Even Ezra Miller with all his faults did a really good job in the Flash.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a shame because for the most part the casting was pretty good. Especially Gal Gadot. I can’t imagine anyone else playing WW. Even Ezra Miller with all his faults did a really good job in the Flash.
I don’t know if you have been watching all the cameos as of late but every time GG has appeared and I hear that Amazon music? It brings a smile to my face.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t know if you have been watching all the cameos as of late but every time GG has appeared and I hear that Amazon music? It brings a smile to my face.
For sure. Best music DC has done since Danny Elfman did Batman. And ironically better then most, if not all, of Marvel’s music scores.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is where my frustration lies. I think the casting of Henry and Gal was great. They both fit the parts well but because collateral damage in the mess Snyder and WB created. I really wish Snyder hadn't been involved and we could have gotten his casts good scripts.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There may be some bad writing (not nearly as bad as early Season 1) and some hokiness that makes me wince, but this is still a good show. And major kudos for the cinematography and directing. Loving the video game style filming in some of the fights, and I'm only a few episodes into the new season.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I tapped out after 2 episodes. I'm done. This is season is bad and the show has no future. Sunk cost isn't hitting me on this one.

I had planned on watching this season and after Cavil announced he was leaving I figured it would be the last season I'd watch, but since that announcement and now I've really just lost all interest.

It's really difficult to get at all invested in Netflix shows for me at this point given how the manage their content.

Looking forward to his 40k show on Prime though.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If your main actor says he is quitting because he doesn't like th direction the show is going in, doesn't seem like a good sign.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow, the last half--or third--or what's in between a half and a third?--of this season was bad. Ridiculously bad. Like, writing so bad you have to have powerful characters literally standing around and letting other characters do horrible things because the plot would be ruined otherwise. Oh, and...

Of course a powerful woman who has been tricked and betrayed by a man simply can't go on and has to kill herself in her grief, and to motivate another woman to move on.

Plus...

A whole episode of mostly Ciri wondering in the desert in the most tropey of all wondering in the desert scenes/string of scenes was boooooring

Plus a final yawnworthy episode that ends with basically the death of the series. Nothing is resolved, the main character is leaving, and so that's that. If they simply cast another actor in the role, it's not going to work. If they get rid of the MC and make the Witcher someone else, it's not going to work. Blah.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, the last half--or third--or what's in between a half and a third?--of this season was bad. Ridiculously bad. Like, writing so bad you have to have powerful characters literally standing around and letting other characters do horrible things because the plot would be ruined otherwise. Oh, and...

Of course a powerful woman who has been tricked and betrayed by a man simply can't go on and has to kill herself in her grief, and to motivate another woman to move on.

Plus...

A whole episode of mostly Ciri wondering in the desert in the most tropey of all wondering in the desert scenes/string of scenes was boooooring

Plus a final yawnworthy episode that ends with basically the death of the series. Nothing is resolved, the main character is leaving, and so that's that. If they simply cast another actor in the role, it's not going to work. If they get rid of the MC and make the Witcher someone else, it's not going to work. Blah.

Liam Hemsworth has already been recast as Geralt, assuming it doesn't get cancelled now that the production has been delayed.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn't move the needle for me.
Moved it in the wrong direction for me. I had no intention of watching past season 3 after the announcement, doubt I'll ever get around to watching season 3 at this point.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Love it when a show called the Witcher barely shows the Witcher or tells the story of.... you know...... the Witcher.

But boy did they love empowering that young lady, giving her agency, calling her the key to saving everything, while empowering all the female characters around her to defend her and be the heroes of this latest season...... meanwhile only giving the title character a bit part on a side quest for less than a third of the season.

More artistic choices that led to throwing out the source material and causing your headlining actor to leave the show. Great job Lauren Hissrich.

Stout

Reaction score
Love it when a show called the Witcher barely shows the Witcher or tells the story of.... you know...... the Witcher.

But boy did they love empowering that young lady, giving her agency, calling her the key to saving everything, while empowering all the female characters around her to defend her and be the heroes of this latest season...... meanwhile only giving the title character a bit part on a side quest for less than a third of the season.

More artistic choices that led to throwing out the source material and causing your headlining actor to leave the show. Great job Lauren Hissrich.
Wow. One-trick pony.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson