The Witcher: Blood Origin (Netflix)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No interest in this.
I do. It's got a few things going for it.

1) Michelle Yeoh
2) It looks like a true Dungeons & Dragons type show
3) It's set in the Witcher Universe
4) Michelle Yeoh
5) More of a mini series, so not a huge time commitment
6) Michelle Yeoh
7) Netflix

Willow is trying to do something similar, but is failing spectacularly -- this is bound to be a lot better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I do. It's got a few things going for it.

1) Michelle Yeoh
2) It looks like a true Dungeons & Dragons type show
3) It's set in the Witcher Universe
4) Michelle Yeoh
5) More of a mini series, so not a huge time commitment
6) Michelle Yeoh
7) Netflix

Willow is trying to do something similar, but is failing spectacularly -- this is bound to be a lot better.
Mph. Points #1, 4, and 6 are spot on. I would normally agree with point 2, but point 3 counts against it for me. I don't care about the Witcher world beyond the actual show, as they did such a craptastic job with exposition on it early. And with #5, I like shows with multiple seasons versus short, one-off mini-series.

None of that means it will be bad--besides, Michelle Yeoh will keep that from happening single-handedly. I hope you enjoy it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. No interest in this at all.

While a final resolved: "It’s fine to criticise The Witcher: Blood Origin because of the plot, CGI, quality of writing/acting/directing etc (or lack thereof), what’s not okay is homophobic, racist, ableist or other comments claiming the 'diversity' is the problem. No, the problem is just that it’s crap.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. No interest in this at all.

While a final resolved: "It’s fine to criticise The Witcher: Blood Origin because of the plot, CGI, quality of writing/acting/directing etc (or lack thereof), what’s not okay is homophobic, racist, ableist or other comments claiming the 'diversity' is the problem. No, the problem is just that it’s crap.
I am going to give it a shot. Only because I don't think you can trust the RT scores. There have been stories of fans review bombing RT.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I am going to give it a shot. Only because I don't think you can trust the RT scores. There have been stories of fans review bombing RT.

"Review bombing" is just gaslighting by the studios when they had a dud on their hands, like this. You notice they only mention it when it fits their narrative. The 10 star review bombing is never an issue, that's legit, only the the low scores are "toxic fans". Like RoP had a larger 10 star reviews than 1, 2, and 3 stars combined on IMBD. That's never mentioned though by the access media.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Review bombing" is just gaslighting by the studios when they had a dud on their hands, like this. You notice they only mention it when it fits their narrative. The 10 star review bombing is never an issue, that's legit, only the the low scores are "toxic fans". Like RoP had a larger 10 star reviews than 1, 2, and 3 stars combined on IMBD. That's never mentioned though by the access media.
Meh. I have seen fans go ballistic on social media only for scores to tank soon after.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave