The Window

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Bresee status will depend on workouts. If he’s limited at all, he could drop dramatically.
Well lets use the Anderson example then. Is he supposed to be that much better than Murphy, Wilson, Carter II, or Nolan Smith to give up getting an extra couple high R2/3 picks in a draft this deep? Just weighing value. This is of utmost importance for our new GM, and marks a turning point as big as any I remember the Cards being at.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well lets use the Anderson example then. Is he supposed to be that much better than Murphy, Wilson, Carter II, or Nolan Smith to give up getting an extra couple high R2/3 picks in a draft this deep? Just weighing value. This is of utmost importance for our new GM, and marks a turning point as big as any I remember the Cards being at.
Anderson is a lot better.

Let me ask you this question: was peak Patrick Peterson worth more than Murphy, Kirk, and Josh Jones combined? I would say yes.

Anderson is a lot better than the guys you mentioned. Just watch the tape.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t think it really matters in the first round. He won’t know what fits are until a head coach his hired anyway.

Plenty of time and film to scout the top 20 or so prospects to facilitate a trade down.

Is the other 200 or so prospects that he’s going to have to rely on Keims scouts to report on. All those guys are looking to keep their jobs.

Its not the scouts that are the problem (or probably not anyway) and I expect most of them to stay.

Its how those reports are interpreted and what the GM looked for in players.

Consider the scouting as raw data and Keim as the algorithm parsing it. We improve the algo and we should get better results.

What I like about this draft now is that we have 2 guys running it that have knowledge from other orgs.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You know by this point I’m not as excited by Anderson as others. He has the advantage of being the surest Edge available. I wouldn’t be shocked if an Edge taken later has greater success, but figuring out who is the problem. I can’t say I know which one. Anderson was much the best player in college, so that’s why he excites people.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That plus 100 group is the issue. Teams make a board because once you get further along you tend to revert to impressions if you don’t have structure. However the gap between players 120 and 130 may be surprisingly wide. You can actually make that on a board. I can’t imagine trying to do that from memory in a 5 minute window to make your selection.
I won’t be shocked if we trade down or trade out of our later picks to add 2024 picks because of the lack of full year scouting. It would make a ton of sense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You know by this point I’m not as excited by Anderson as others. He has the advantage of being the surest Edge available. I wouldn’t be shocked if an Edge taken later has greater success, but figuring out who is the problem. I can’t say I know which one. Anderson was much the best player in college, so that’s why he excites people.
I think there is a little hype fatigue on Anderson. His resume is very good. Only real question on him is his size.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ideally you want Anderson to be in the 250 - 260 range and have long arms. Not sure where he lands with either but my guess is that he is around 240-245

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd put my money on Tyree Wilson.

He's big, long, strong and has great instincts. Needs a bit of work as a pass rusher, but can win with bull rush and swim move right now.

I'm most impressed with his play against the run. You seem him quickly diagnose where the ball is going and fight through blocks to get to the ball carrier.

My big concern with him is fit. Is he a standup rusher or a 3-4 end? I think he'd need to get bigger to play end, and the Cardinals already have a similar player in Cam Thomas. Hed be more of a slam dunk as a 4-3 end.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's big, long, strong and has great instincts. Needs a bit of work as a pass rusher, but can win with bull rush and swim move right now.

I'm most impressed with his play against the run. You seem him quickly diagnose where the ball is going and fight through blocks to get to the ball carrier.

My big concern with him is fit. Is he a standup rusher or a 3-4 end? I think he'd need to get bigger to play end, and the Cardinals already have a similar player in Cam Thomas. Hed be more of a slam dunk as a 4-3 end.

I'd be amazed if anyone is better than Anderson. His combo of speed, length, strength and smarts is way above everyone else and I don't see why that should continue.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if anyone is better than Anderson. His combo of speed, length, strength and smarts is way above everyone else and I don't see why that should continue.
I definitely agree, but you're statement has been made about many players in the past. We can't foresee injuries and other variables.

What impressed me the most about Anderson is the understanding and instincts you see from him. When you watch tape, you see a supreme athlete who quickly sees the play and moves faster than everyone else. And he's incredibly strong for a guy who runs about 240. I compare him to Von Miller, but he is much more instinctive and a lot stronger than Von. Von was twitchier, but I think that's also because he played almost exclusively on the edge.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I won’t be shocked if we trade down or trade out of our later picks to add 2024 picks because of the lack of full year scouting. It would make a ton of sense.
[chopper’s quote misattributed to Brit]

That would be pretty bad considering how many roster holes we need to fill with just warm bodies. We’d look like that Cards roster where Fred Wakefield was starting at RT because reasons and also like 15 UDFAs made the team. Fans were sooooo excited about how well we scouted.
It would be dumb as hell & a massive red flag to do that if Will Anderson & Jalen Carter was staring right into our face.
To be fair, he said late picks. If you want to trade out of the 6th round for a 7th rounder and a 2024 7th is the idea.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
[chopper’s quote misattributed to Brit]

That would be pretty bad considering how many roster holes we need to fill with just warm bodies. We’d look like that Cards roster where Fred Wakefield was starting at RT because reasons and also like 15 UDFAs made the team. Fans were sooooo excited about how well we scouted.

To be fair, he said late picks. If you want to trade out of the 6th round for a 7th rounder and a 2024 7th is the idea.
Ah, my bad. @Chopper0080

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The more I look at the Cards org from top to bottom the more it looks like a complete train wreck. Our drafts have been crap for the most part. Is that all on Kiem, then glad he’s gone. If not, our scouting criteria is broken in a lot of different areas. If the scouts did ID good players then our coaches cannot seem to get them to the next level with teaching fundamentals or by play design. The more you peel this back the more it makes you cry.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I read somewhere that he is dumber than a box of rocks. Trying to find where.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s something to think about. If Ryan’s is our head coach would we change to a 4-3 defense? What would that mean for Zac Allen’s value or Cam Thomas?
Would it change the value of Will Anderdon?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here’s something to think about. If Ryan’s is our head coach would we change to a 4-3 defense? What would that mean for Zac Allen’s value or Cam Thomas?
Would it change the value of Will Anderdon?
Move Zach to a 3T and Cam Thomas to SDE. Draft Will Anderson to play WDE and rotate in Sanders.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Anderson is 6'4 245lbs
but he is only 21... I think its reasonable to expect him to be around 260 after a couple seasons.
The kids ball tracking is off the charts

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s likely been scouting these kids for years and many of these guys keep separate notes for situations like moving to another team. I wouldn’t put any stock into timing

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And if we stayed as a 3-4 would Anderson be a stand up edge?
Absolutely. What's crazy is you see him lined up a lot at 5T in Alabama's scheme. He was taking on LTs and RT head on and holding his ground and then quickly disengaging and flowing to the ball. That's extremely impressive for a 240 lb man to be able to take on 330 lb tackles and not get buried.