The Window

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I have indicated, because the Cards can select an impact player, they should not trade down. Another reason has occurred to me. The draft is only 3 months away. Ossenfort lacks the time to put his own scouting staff in place. So, to a large extent, he will have to depend on the Cards’ staff assessments to select players. He’ll be using their board. He is not permitted to bring anything from Tennessee beyond his own memory. I doubt they will let him hire any of their staff, at least not until the draft has passed. Rounds 1 & 2 likely can be done from his memory, as they stand Now. However, trading down and handling multiple picks at each level is a task likely beyond a simple sense of the top 50 or so prospects. Keep this in mind when evaluating his choices in the 2023 draft. We will get a much more accurate assessment of his talent starting in 2024.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
However, there is still the Senior Bowl and Indy combine, along with workouts to get a good perspective on players in this year's draft.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe the reason they got him out of Tennessee and to AZ so quickly is because Mike sent him a spycam to use after the 1st interview.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's not start making this guy out to be a "thief" and start rumors and things.

Harry pointed out something that I had not even thought about. He won't bring company equipment with him, but, as Harry said, he will have his memory and personal things that might help. Give him a little time to get situated and I'm sure he will do a very good job.

I'm really expecting good things from him. :newcards:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not start making this guy out to be a "thief" and start rumors and things.

Harry pointed out something that I had not even thought about. He won't bring company equipment with him, but, as Harry said, he will have his memory and personal things that might help. Give him a little time to get situated and I'm sure he will do a very good job.

I'm really expecting good things from him. :newcards:
Umm. My comment was tongue in cheek..you know like present and past presidents….

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mine is also "kinda" tongue in cheek. We all do that to one extent or another. Buuuut.....

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping he uses this draft to build equity in the 2024 draft. With the number of holes in this team right now and the number of players under contract, it seems pretty daunting to imagine a complete turn around in 2023 from a has been to contender. Add in the question at QB right now and it seems prudent to build stock in the 2024 draft and stockpile draft picks to form a solid core for the future.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping he uses this draft to build equity in the 2024 draft. With the number of holes in this team right now and the number of players under contract, it seems pretty daunting to imagine a complete turn around in 2023 from a has been to contender. Add in the question at QB right now and it seems prudent to build stock in the 2024 draft and stockpile draft picks to form a solid core for the future.
Exactly! More strategic. Less tactical. It took the Lions two years and Kyler's injury means we likely aren't winning a Super Bowl next season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All this stuff is digital now. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a copy of the Titans work so far on a laptop backup drive he "forgot" to delete.

I don't think I've ever left a job without taking data that would be useful to me.
In most states here in the US that is illegal. Even if you have it accidentally you are required to destroy it and not use it.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Well if you can’t bring info and have to rely on memory. Bring in a top scout with a photographic memory.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don’t think it really matters in the first round. He won’t know what fits are until a head coach his hired anyway.

Plenty of time and film to scout the top 20 or so prospects to facilitate a trade down.

Is the other 200 or so prospects that he’s going to have to rely on Keims scouts to report on. All those guys are looking to keep their jobs.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm sure the current staff has done the scouting for the current year of prospects. Have not heard of anyone getting released from the front office team as of this time. The scouting information should be available to review. Also adding David Sears should be an immense help in the process, especially the information on prospects beyond the top 50-100.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I'm sure the current staff has done the scouting for the current year of prospects. Have not heard of anyone getting released from the front office team as of this time. The scouting information should be available to review. Also adding David Sears should be an immense help in the process, especially the information on prospects beyond the top 50-100.
That plus 100 group is the issue. Teams make a board because once you get further along you tend to revert to impressions if you don’t have structure. However the gap between players 120 and 130 may be surprisingly wide. You can actually make that on a board. I can’t imagine trying to do that from memory in a 5 minute window to make your selection.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All this stuff is digital now. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a copy of the Titans work so far on a laptop backup drive he "forgot" to delete.

I don't think I've ever left a job without taking data that would be useful to me.
Agree 100%.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Can you not find anything you need on the internet these days? Who is to say you did not get it from memory? Hard to prove that?

I wonder how our new GM would feel about a trade back where we still pick in top 10-12, plus get a high R2, plus a R1 & R3 in 2024 as opposed to a R2 & R3 this year?

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How much is a team giving up by drafting Bresee at pick 6, 8 or 10, instead of Carter at pick 2 or 4? Their grade is just 1 point apart, 94 to 93. Does that 1 point assure that much success? Is there that much difference in the two that you would give up getting a couple some combination of extra R2 and R3 picks? I am finding it a bit hard to justify today.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How much is a team giving up by drafting Bresee at pick 6, 8 or 10, instead of Carter at pick 2 or 4? Their grade is just 1 point apart, 94 to 93. Does that 1 point assure that much success? Is there that much difference in the two that you would give up getting a couple some combination of extra R2 and R3 picks? I am finding it a bit hard to justify today.
It’s hard to say. Bresee has already had a serious injury & may be as good as he’s going to be. Those that know more than I do think that Carter has the potential to be really special & can be a game changer in the way that a player like Aaron Donald is. Some mock drafts have Carter going #1 to the Bears.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Can you not find anything you need on the internet these days? Who is to say you did not get it from memory? Hard to prove that?

I wonder how our new GM would feel about a trade back where we still pick in top 10-12, plus get a high R2, plus a R1 & R3 in 2024 as opposed to a R2 & R3 this year?
You can certainly find all the misinformation on prospects on the Internet.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
It’s hard to say. Bresee has already had a serious injury & may be as good as he’s going to be. Those that know more than I do think that Carter has the potential to be really special & can be a game changer in the way that a player like Aaron Donald is. Some mock drafts have Carter going #1 to the Bears.
Bresee status will depend on workouts. If he’s limited at all, he could drop dramatically.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose