The Window is Open

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Alright, here we are with a franchise QB and just added one of the top WR in the NFL and got rid of DJ's salary, resigned our LT and RB.
We have a 3 year window before the mega deal to Murray. We still have tons of cap space left.
Were do you invest, RT, Defense, lets hear it.

I would like to trade back in the draft and pick up another 2nd round pick. Lots of talent in this draft.
Heard rumors of cards interest in Michael Brokers, He would be a great fit. Would like another TE Jimmy graham?

What you would do with the remaining cap

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically we have 4 years if need be and 5 if we use the tag

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
RT's are getting paid big money in FA, so maybe we use our first pick to solidify that position then spend the rest of our picks plus cap space to improve the defense. Maybe we can also fit in a slight upgrade at C with some restructures/extensions.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would love us to get a stud DT to stop teams from running it down our throats. I would love for us to take one of the 2 top ones in this draft with our 1st. To me, that is our greatest weakness on this team at present. I know OL is always a need, but our MO seems to be treating it as a revolving door no matter who we draft or how high we draft them. So unless we feel using our 1st pick on an OT is all we need to solidify our OL for the next few years, then I say go DT this year with our 1st. Personally, I would look into doing whatever it took to get DB in the 1st.

I would think that, if we don't find a way to move up a spot or two, that we wait and see who drops to us at 8 and take one of these in this order:
Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simpson
Javon Kinlaw
Jeff Okudah
I wouldn't trade back with one of the above almost surely being there at 8, with most mocks showing Kinlaw as being that guy.
But if not then and only then take the best OT that fits our system, and/or trade back a couple spots if we think we can still get an OT that we like.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to projections this trade alone increases us by 1.5 expected wins. So 7-9 before draft / rest of free agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RT's are getting paid big money in FA, so maybe we use our first pick to solidify that position then spend the rest of our picks plus cap space to improve the defense. Maybe we can also fit in a slight upgrade at C with some restructures/extensions.

Agree. If there is an offensive lineman available early that the Cardinals like, it would be worth doing.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. If there is an offensive lineman available early that the Cardinals like, it would be worth doing.
When in doubt, BPA.

It might all boil down to Wrrfs vs. Simpson vs. Brown and which guy the brass feels will help the team the most.

Addition of Hopkins probably takes Lamb and Jeudy out of the picture, but you never know.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Trade for Trent Williams and draft Cedee. Go defense rest of free agency and the draft Build the offense now and defense the next two years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When in doubt, BPA.

It might all boil down to Wrrfs vs. Simpson vs. Brown and which guy the brass feels will help the team the most.

Addition of Hopkins probably takes Lamb and Jeudy out of the picture, but you never know.

I'm always in agreement about drafting the BPA but I suspect there will be a number of players at #8 that fit this description as you note.

I guess I'm partial to drafting an offensive lineman but as long as the Cardinals get it right, I will be a happy camper.