The Winchesters (Supernatural prequel)(The CW)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oof, no thanks. While I enjoyed the show (for a long while), it ran waaaay too long, repeating waaay too much, and killed my appetite for anything else connected.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Talk about a lame idea. But then, I think prequels are almost always a huge waste. Anyway, I can see them wanting to make some money off of that fan base but there are only a couple million possibilities that would have a better chance to succeed IMO. How about an alternate universe Supernatural that follows the exploits of the Winchester girls after their demon hunting mother has disappeared? Granted that idea is only slightly less lame then their planned prequel but still, at least it can cover new territory without disturbing canon.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prequel stuff with the Winchester's dad never worked for me in the series. I honestly, have no idea what happened behind the scenes, but the show had a TON and I mean a TON of opportunity to bring Jeffrey Dean Morgan back. Fans were calling for it. He was calling for it. For some reason instead of bringing him back they kept opting for all these flashback type episodes over and over.

For the most part they were the weakest episodes IMO. They just never worked. Not when it was obvious, they could have brought back JDM. Now they want to build an entire series around it? I don't know. Seems like a Supernatural based Scooby Do show (ironic considering the one episode).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The prequel stuff with the Winchester's dad never worked for me in the series. I honestly, have no idea what happened behind the scenes, but the show had a TON and I mean a TON of opportunity to bring Jeffrey Dean Morgan back. Fans were calling for it. He was calling for it. For some reason instead of bringing him back they kept opting for all these flashback type episodes over and over.

For the most part they were the weakest episodes IMO. They just never worked. Not when it was obvious, they could have brought back JDM. Now they want to build an entire series around it? I don't know. Seems like a Supernatural based Scooby Do show (ironic considering the one episode).
I worked a CW at that time and it was just too expensive to bring him back. Did you ever wonder why their use of classic rock music disappeared the last several years of the series? That’s why. The network didn’t give them a lot of money to work with.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked a CW at that time and it was just too expensive to bring him back. Did you ever wonder why their use of classic rock music disappeared the last several years of the series? That’s why. The network didn’t give them a lot of money to work with.
I remember talking to you about it and I don't think you knew that then. I think you also thought it was lame instead of bringing him back. Totally makes sense if it was a budget thing. Still though, most of those episodes were lame and pissed off fans. Now to build an entire series around it? Who knows.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I remember talking to you about it and I don't think you knew that then. I think you also thought it was lame instead of bringing him back. Totally makes sense if it was a budget thing. Still though, most of those episodes were lame and pissed off fans. Now to build an entire series around it? Who knows.
Yeah but I know A LOT more now than I did then. I mean the network was owned by CBS and Warner Bros! Why couldn’t they afford it? I think behind leadership’s “We’ll run the show as long as the guys want to do it” was a very big, “But…”

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I know A LOT more now than I did then. I mean the network was owned by CBS and Warner Bros! Why couldn’t they afford it? I think behind leadership’s “We’ll run the show as long as the guys want to do it” was a very big, “But…”
On that note. You working on anything now?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have shows and movies. Not a lot of shows, but we have a lot of movies. Anyone with a woman in their life is probably exposed to my network somehow. LOL
The wife occasional watches one of the movies but she finds most of them to corny so to speak.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have shows and movies. Not a lot of shows, but we have a lot of movies. Anyone with a woman in their life is probably exposed to my network somehow. LOL
I've seen so many Hallmark films that I've actually thought about creating a Hallmark thread before.

Although the wife has followed several of the actors and actresses over to GAC Family recently.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen so many Hallmark films that I've actually thought about creating a Hallmark thread before.

Although the wife has followed several of the actors and actresses over to GAC Family recently.
Yeah we've also seen a few...hundred. Mostly now though we just watch them around the winter holidays.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we've also seen a few...hundred. Mostly now though we just watch them around the winter holidays.
That seems to be when my wife watches it the most too. Holidays or sometimes when she sees an actor she has not seen in a very long time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

So GAC Family is run by the former CEO of our company. He "resigned" but he really was ousted because of some homophobic and racist leanings. It was quite the scandal a couple of years ago.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys this show isn't working for me. I don't know if it's a budget thing or not but the show comes off so "low rent" for me. Even some of the FX are sometimes on par with Supernatural and other times terrible. For example, when the tree creature took the cult leader underground. The FX were sooooooooooooo bad. I am trying to give this a shot but I don't see it lasting long unless something changes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave