the "What Ended Season 2022?" thread

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
as i said, i am also critical of their handling of covid. but i also get the bigger picture -- that other teams, including the Pelicans, may have done the same thing, and that there were nearly a hundred thousand people in the arenas screaming, who were not tested, some carrying the virus, some sitting next to the benches

doing the right thing probably would have derailed the Suns season, and may have derailed the whole playoffs as well

that being said. i still wish they had tested immediately and went public

but someone calling them "trash human beings" is extremely judgemental,
as is claiming that they "chocked like dogs" regardless of the difficult circumstances

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm already in next season mode. I enjoy the game and watching the players.

Yes, the past season was a bitter disappointment but it's wise to carry a map of where you've been and where you are going.

The Suns have climbed from being irrelevant in 2018-19, to the Orlando bubble in 2019-20, to the Finals in 2020-21 and the second round of the playoffs in 2021-22 this season.

At least now success is expected.

Finito

Banned
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm already in next season mode. I enjoy the game and watching the players.

Yes, the past season was a bitter disappointment but it's wise to carry a map of where you've been and where you are going.

The Suns have climbed from being irrelevant in 2018-19, to the Orlando bubble in 2019-20, to the Finals in 2020-21 and the second round of the playoffs in 2021-22 this season.

At least now success is expected.

This is where I’m at.

Big offseason coming up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
issues that would have been dismissed like a fart in the wind if they had won one more Dallas game.
issues like in the Pelicans series and last season in the Lakers' and Clippers' series untill we dumped them

"winning cures all ills"
"what have you done for me lately?"

one day/week the Suns were the greatest, then they were the worst.
these days we all like to pick a side

they were great AND awful this season. mostly great. in fact, historically great for Phoenix
They accomplished something only one other team has, then that team in turn did it to them. Historically great or not they also managed a historically bad collapse.