The West on paper...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Big-3; Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets aren’t worth discussing... As are the Bottom-3; Wolves, Thunder, Kings

That leaves 9 teams for 5 spots + 2 play-ins (7 total)

Suns
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors
Jazz
Grizzlies
Spurs
Pelicans
Rockets (until they blow it up they have to be considered)

How do you see it going into the season?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Big-3; Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets aren’t worth discussing... As are the Bottom-3; Wolves, Thunder, Kings

Suns
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors
Jazz
Grizzlies
Spurs
Pelicans

The Wolves are loaded. They're going to be better than you think.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suns
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors
Jazz
Grizzlies
Spurs
Pelicans

4. Blazers
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. Mavs
8. Warriors

man... the west is still tough. Memphis should be better with a year of growth for Ja and JJJ. Pelicans still have a ton of young talent and until the Rockets blow it up, Harden has been able to get worse teams into the playoffs.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Wolves are loaded. They're going to be better than you think.

Loaded as in a complete dumpster fire when KAT and Russell are on the court together? Edwards is still super raw... Feel bad for Ricky.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
4. Blazers
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. Mavs
8. Warriors

man... the west is still tough. Memphis should be better with a year of growth for Ja and JJJ. Pelicans still have a ton of young talent and until the Rockets blow it up, Harden has been able to get worse teams into the playoffs.

I was wondering who’s the better team if you guarantee the health of both CP3 and Porzingis. They’re about even.

I think Utah could take a step back chemistry wise plus Conley might be toast.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
?
I wouldn’t sleep on the wolves. They just drafted the #1 player and got Rubio back. That team will improve. Playoffs? Naw. But dismissing them so easily is maybe wrong.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who’s the better team if you guarantee the health of both CP3 and Porzingis. They’re about even.

I think Utah could take a step back chemistry wise plus Conley might be toast.

Jazz signs Derrick Favors, keep Jordon Clarkson and who is going to score inside against Rudy Gobert and Udoka Azubuike.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sleep on the wolves. They just drafted the #1 player and got Rubio back. That team will improve. Playoffs? Naw. But dismissing them so easily is maybe wrong.
That ‘best player is an inefficient volume scorer’. I am so glad we did not draft him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would be happy with a 6-seed. 7 or 8 is more probable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be happy with a 6-seed. 7 or 8 is more probable.

The problem with the 7 or 8th seed.

For the play-in tournament, the seventh and eighth seed in each conference will play each other for the seventh spot in the playoffs. The ninth and 10th seed teams will play each other for a chance to play the loser of the seven/eight game. The winner of that final matchup will get the eighth spot in the playoffs.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...t-72-games-play-tournament-returns-postseason

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if we rest Paul we still have Booker and Ayton to play through.
Whereas the lakers for example don’t do too well when LeBald sits.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The West is so tough! Sucks that Phoenix is geographically in the West!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't want to make any predictions till I see this new team play together a few games.

I really want to see if Ayton, Mikal, and Cam show noticeable improvement - because that to me is the biggest variables to our success.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't bet, but if I did I would probably bet the under on the Suns, although I think that number is pretty close.

If the Suns win 38 or less, things are going to get very, very ugly with this team...

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't bet, but if I did I would probably bet the under on the Suns, although I think that number is pretty close.

So you think this is less than a 44 win team with a 82 game schedule?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
"It’s happening now, with a starting lineup that will likely feature Paul, Devin Booker, Jae Crowder, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges. With a team that might be a top 4 seed in the Western Conference, a team that is deeper than most in the NBA. And those butterflies we’re all feeling?" - Dan Bickley :D

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I would bet the over in a heartbeat. Don't think Paul has been on a team with a winning percentage that low since his days with the Hornets.

I also think this team is more talented than possibly any of his Hornets teams and probably some of his Clippers teams as well.

Last edited: