THE WAY OF THE GUNN - DCU’S NEW ERA

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the DCEU has been a cluster! They need to start completely fresh… but keep a couple of old faces!

Do you guys even realize how much you’re arguing against not only James Gunn, but your own arguments? It’s comical.
Not really. Several people have pointed out that you can reuse actors and Marvel did it successfully. You don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water. The multiverse is going to be front and center with The Flash movie. The fact you are ignoring that is comical because you are a Gunn fan? OK.

I don’t think wanting Gunn to “reorganize” and keeping two popular actors is arguing against annything…even in the slightest.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. Several people have pointed out that you can reuse actors and Marvel did it successfully. You don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water. The multiverse is going to be front and center with The Flash movie. The fact you are ignoring that is comical because you are a Gunn fan? OK.
I’m ignoring that movie. I’m guessing it has nothing to do with the universe Gunn is creating from scratch. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, even though I loved Gal as Wonder Woman. Reality is if you’re starting a new story that isn’t multi-verse dependent from the jump, you…

Nevermind. Keep crying into the void to hold on to remnants of a universe you continually destroyed. Guess this is a case of careful what you wish for.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank God.

I watched three minutes of that movie, fast forwarded a little… then a little more… then a little more and finally after 15 minutes of film, Black Adam finally shows up.

After five minutes of watching The Rock, I was out. When DC’s Dr. Strange (I don’t care who was first in the comics) showed up, I could only laugh at how lame that connected DC universe was.

Burn it. Burn it all to the ground, reseed and grow a new one fresh.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m ignoring that movie. I’m guessing it has nothing to do with the universe Gunn is creating from scratch. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, even though I loved Gal as Wonder Woman. Reality is if you’re starting a new story that isn’t multi-verse dependent from the jump, you…

Nevermind. Keep crying into the void to hold on to remnants of a universe you continually destroyed. Guess this is a case of careful what you wish for.
Gunn is now saying via Twitter reports that from moving on from Gadot are basically not true. So, younger Superman….keeping Gal.

But you know…crying into the void…..keeping remnants and all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gunn is now saying via Twitter reports that from moving on from Gadot are basically not true. So, younger Superman….keeping Gal.

But you know…crying into the void…..keeping remnants and all.

You must be registered for see images attach
Lol… do you think he changed his mind because of your crying?

All I’ve said is I trust whatever Gunn wants to do. You’re the one who’s been railing against him, despite him possibly doing exactly what you wanted… starting from fresh AND keeping some old pieces.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… do you think he changed his mind because of your crying?

All I’ve said is I trust whatever Gunn wants to do. You’re the one who’s been railing against him, despite him possibly doing exactly what you wanted… starting from fresh AND keeping some old pieces.
Do you think anybody thinks that? LOL.

Also, as I stated, he could still accomplish the same thing without throwing the baby out with the bath water which is seemingly confirmed by him not throwing everything out the window. You do realize it’s possible to support Gunn without being a fanboy and agreeing with everything he does right?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Cavill out on Witcher and Superman because he was toxic on set.
That's the alleged rumor. To be clear they are saying he basically used his power to influence what happened on screen and overrode writers/directors. There was nothing in the vein of sexual harassment. If that is the case it makes sense why he is out. I will wait though until someone other than "an insider" can corroborate any of it. There are hundreds of people on set and nobody has reported this but someone anonymous so far. So, for now I will take it with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think anybody thinks that? LOL.

Also, as I stated, he could still accomplish the same thing without throwing the baby out with the bath water which is seemingly confirmed by him not throwing everything out the window. You do realize it’s possible to support Gunn without being a fanboy and agreeing with everything he does right?
you do realize I already said i don't agree with him getting rid of Gal, right?

again, you've spent how many pages/years of complaining that they need to completely revamp the DCEU... someone with major comic bonafides comes in with plans to completely revamp the DCEU and you freak out about the first couple bits of news that comes out... before we even know if it's true or not. and since then, he's refuted that which you freaked out about.

dude deserves a wait and see approach. but keep contradicting yourself with every next post. it's entertaining to me.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the alleged rumor. To be clear they are saying he basically used his power to influence what happened on screen and overrode writers/directors. There was nothing in the vein of sexual harassment. If that is the case it makes sense why he is out. I will wait though until someone other than "an insider" can corroborate any of it. There are hundreds of people on set and nobody has reported this but someone anonymous so far. So, for now I will take it with a grain of salt.
i've started hearing it from people inside the studio. they don't want a scandal so the kibosh has been put on it. there's so many things that still get buried in my industry, everyone here would be stunned to know about.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've started hearing it from people inside the studio. they don't want a scandal so the kibosh has been put on it. there's so many things that still get buried in my industry, everyone here would be stunned to know about.
Yep. My brother worked for in the industry for 30 years. My point still stands.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The woman who posted that completely recanted the next day.
Recanted then deleted their account. Pretty clear it was an attempt at damage control for the backlash the show runners have received for Cavill bailing.

Glad he's getting another role about one of his passions with Amazon's 40k series.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Showrunner (Hissrich) is denying report HC was toxic on set and that it was a mutually respectful relationship.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose