The Watcher (Netflix 2022 Miniseries)

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is very creepy and awesome! Based on a true story. Great cast.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m on episode 4 and so far we like it…. Bizarre for sure. I’m assuming loosely based on a real story?

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m on episode 4 and so far we like it…. Bizarre for sure. I’m assuming loosely based on a real story?
I think so, i looked up season 2 and read they wouldn't know where to go next since based on a true story.

Can't imagine living in a neighborhood like that where people walk into your yard unannounced and then act like you are the problem. My wife doesn't even like it when people park in front of our house on the street.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree I couldn't finish the last episode. Got kind of ridiculous with them blaming everybody.
Same. I actually didn’t even watch episode 5 or 6, skipped to 7, felt like I missed nothing, then didn’t care enough to even finish the last episode after the first ludicrous fake out.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I think so, i looked up season 2 and read they wouldn't know where to go next since based on a true story.

Can't imagine living in a neighborhood like that where people walk into your yard unannounced and then act like you are the problem. My wife doesn't even like it when people park in front of our house on the street.

According to the article the family was so freaked out by the letters that they never actually moved into the house, so the scenes of people in the yard appear to be made for TV drama. I assume so are the tunnels and most everything else other than the letters.

I really wanted to like this show but was disappointed. The first few episodes were interesting and reeled me in, then after that it just falls apart, and by the end I was just glad it was over. So many plot lines don't make sense and so many questions go unanswered. The finale was a mess. The detective on her deathbed making up the story of her being the watcher was out-of-left-field stupid. Then her story immediately gets de-bunked, so what was even the point of all that? Watts and Cannavale are fantastic, but they couldn't save this disaster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the article the family was so freaked out by the letters that they never actually moved into the house, so the scenes of people in the yard appear to be made for TV drama. I assume so are the tunnels and most everything else other than the letters.

I really wanted to like this show but was disappointed. The first few episodes were interesting and reeled me in, then after that it just falls apart, and by the end I was just glad it was over. So many plot lines don't make sense and so many questions go unanswered. The finale was a mess. The detective on her deathbed making up the story of her being the watcher was out-of-left-field stupid. Then her story immediately gets de-bunked, so what was even the point of all that? Watts and Cannavale are fantastic, but they couldn't save this disaster.
Save me the last twenty minutes which I just won’t bring myself to watch.. Who was the Watcher?

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Jesus. That’s awful.

I know right?

The very ending scene was annoying too. Mr. Brannock pulls in front of the house and meets the new homeowner. I guess he was just curious so he drove to see it? He then gets in his car, calls the wifey and tells her that he's on his way home but stuck in traffic (lies). She then tells him how proud she is of him dealing with all this. They hang up and he drives off. Right after he has pulled away, the wifey drives up in front of the house. Is she following him? (If so, what does that plot twist have to do with the story, and why end with that?). Or perhaps she was just wanting to see the house as well and it's just a weird co-incidence that her husband had just left? (if so, that makes no sense because for the last few episodes she has been adamant about putting the house in their past).

Rather baffling.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know right?

The very ending scene was annoying too. Mr. Brannock pulls in front of the house and meets the new homeowner. I guess he was just curious so he drove to see it? He then gets in his car, calls the wifey and tells her that he's on his way home but stuck in traffic (lies). She then tells him how proud she is of him dealing with all this. They hang up and he drives off. Right after he has pulled away, the wifey drives up in front of the house. Is she following him? (If so, what does that plot twist have to do with the story, and why end with that?). Or perhaps she was just wanting to see the house as well and it's just a weird co-incidence that her husband had just left? (if so, that makes no sense because for the last few episodes she has been adamant about putting the house in their past).

Rather baffling.
Lol… I had to watch just to try and make sense of the above.

Jesus. What an awful ending.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just wasted 5 hours of my life watching that show. I'm glad I didn't bother with the last 1.5 episodes.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I watched the whole thing and it just made me mad

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose