The Walking Dead: World Beyond

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has another one of those helicopters. Looks like it will tie into the movies and the newly created stories separate from the comics. Rumors are there are 3 communities (the three circles) and this must be one of them.

I dont know if this teenager angle will be worth a crap. We'll see.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh i never got into fear... mainly just a walking dead fan

Just all the other shows seem to have worse writing and low budget

I might watch 1st episode to see if it intrigues me

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I recommend watching season 3 of fear.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill check it out i have prime so ill watch it is that one with morgan?

Morgan showed up in season 4. Honestly, if youre a big TWD fan, binging through Fear is probably good. I watched week by week so it was a bit different. The first season has some cool stuff but it is hard to latch on to many of the characters at that time but to watch the entire 6 episode season in two nights, it may be a much better experience. Season two started to get better. There is one episode where they pulled up on a random island or beach and found a family there and it was a very good, sinister, single episode plot as they find it, everything happens and they leave all in like one or two episodes. Its kinda what I think would hbe a much better spin off of TWD is having self contained episodes within the universe instead of following one group through it.

In fear, they constantly split up and magically reuinte among other BS but I thought season 2 was a big improvement, season 3 was REALLY good and season 4 was good but ultimately led to the garbage of season 5.

I would watch seasons 1 and 2 just to fully understand what is going on in 3 but even if you skip to 3, it is pretty compelling, has some very dark, sinister stuff go on and was pretty damn well done I thought at the time. I almost want to go back and watch it.

Season 2 also had some real good stuff in mexico, some of the plots felt pulled right from TWD and the governor but still being different at the same time but it was still entertaining.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Launches Sunday night, I will be watching the premier tonight. I expect a CW6 version of the walking dead so anything better will be nice.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Talk about trying to milk a franchise for every last drop of profit. What's next, Walking Dead the lunch box? Walking Dead the breakfast cereal? Walking Dead the flame thrower? I mean, the kids would love that one, but...

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about trying to milk a franchise for every last drop of profit. What's next, Walking Dead the lunch box? Walking Dead the breakfast cereal? Walking Dead the flame thrower? I mean, the kids would love that one, but...

Nah..... Walking Dead the Drumpf Stomper.....

:D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sign me up for the flame thrower.

This episode/show premiere was pretty terrible. Even the end scene where the took out that entire camp the kids were from was underdone. That should have been a focal point of the episode where they spell out what is happening instead of hint at it. I mean they spelt out every obvious thing about the kids the entire episode but barely showed that the CRM or whatever just waxed everyone they know at the end. I have yet to watch episode two but I will give it a few episodes just to have a chance but so far, I only like the two boys if I even like them. I know they has ties to everything else so I want to like it and keep up with the story but they didn't make it easy.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ep 2 was absolutely much better than episode one. Now that they are out of their setup of who the people are and why they are on a journey and they are out of their utopia (that no longer exists and they do not know it), it got good.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fear is worth watching beyond the horrible season 5 and even season 5 is probably important to knowing what is happening in season 6. Season 5 just should have been 3 episodes was the problem.

IMO sean 2 is good, season 3 is fantastic, season 4 is good and season 5 was total crap. If anything, pop in season 6 episode one that just premiered. I can mostly guarantee you will absolutely love it. That episode was fantastic and does not need a ton of context.

that episode alone shows that you could totally have a "tales from the walking dead" that centers around random people in random situations with different actors weekly and it could be hugely compelling. It would get away from the we have to save this and that person nonsense or entire seasons like season 5 of fear where no one died.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fear is worth watching beyond the horrible season 5 and even season 5 is probably important to knowing what is happening in season 6. Season 5 just should have been 3 episodes was the problem.

IMO sean 2 is good, season 3 is fantastic, season 4 is good and season 5 was total crap. If anything, pop in season 6 episode one that just premiered. I can mostly guarantee you will absolutely love it. That episode was fantastic and does not need a ton of context.

that episode alone shows that you could totally have a "tales from the walking dead" that centers around random people in random situations with different actors weekly and it could be hugely compelling. It would get away from the we have to save this and that person nonsense or entire seasons like season 5 of fear where no one died.
Yea gonna watch some on amc app today plus cool dwight morgan are in it

How big is dwiggt role in fear

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea gonna watch some on amc app today plus cool dwight morgan are in it

How big is dwiggt role in fear

Morgan is a lead, Dwight is supporting. Dwight showed up in season 5 which was its worst season. Not sure how he will be. Major changes happened in season 3. Season 4 introduced a lot of new people because of it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey @Stout

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone watch this? From all review's it sounds horrible lol not surprised from trailer...

No wonder it's only 2 season's there better be some mention of rick in show i heard this new show is somehow connected to movies

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4th episode had a post credit scene tying to where rick is.

Show is okay. I'm watching it. It's twd and there are zombies. It's not too violent yet and there is a bit too much dialogue but it's watchable

The civic republic, who has rick, has a role in the show. The kids left their establishment to go find the republic and their dad who is a scientist and working with the republic on a cure.

When they left, the republic melted down their entire community so while they have their poo together, they clearly are not full on good guys. There are claims that they have over 200k people among their communities. They are the 3 circle logo group with the choppers.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Series ended this week. Final episode mentions Rick and we learn about how the virus started and a possible glimpse into a spin off in a different country and a surprise visit from someone from season 1 on OG WD.