The Walking Dead Universe (2020+)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we now have three shows, more coming spinoffs planned and some movies being filmed along with the original show ending after season 11, thought it may be better to have a merge thread for all TWDU content and shows.

TWD season 10 finale premiers Sunday night October 4th.

TWD world beyond premieres also Sunday night October 4th and will run for two seasons to tie the main shows into the 3 ring community.

FTWD season six starts up October 11th and runs alongside World beyond. Guessing this "pioneer community" they ran into might be one of the three ring communities? no idea.

TWD will have 6 more episodes as part of season 10 debuting in 2021 along with the final season, season 11.

Multiple spinoffs are in the works and being discussed.

The Walking Dead movies are still on the horizon.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The after scene in a World Beyond final episode gave us a teaser for a spin off.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's so funny to read about all the money grabs, how bad they are in quality (I keep reading stuff like, "It's not great, but..." and "Well,the quality isn't there, but..."), yet all the spinoffs keep grabbing yinz. Out of curiosity, how many/how bad do they have to be before yinz will stop watching?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The love story that I am unsure anybody is asking for. Yes, that is how they are billing this mini-series coming in 2023.

The allure of the movies was compelling and we knew Michonne would show up however to scrap those and start like this, I mean, we'll see. Id prefer we see where Rick went and went through before Michonne shows up.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"tales from the walking dead" coming this year. This is the one I'm most excited about. The idea of hour long, full stories set in the WD universe is something I've thought they should do for a long, long time. It can help abandon the "find shelter, defend shelter, lose shelter" loop and focus on smaller, confined stories. Should be interesting. Almost black mirror style.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The allure of the movies was compelling and we knew Michonne would show up however to scrap those and start like this, I mean, we'll see. Id prefer we see where Rick went and went through before Michonne shows up.
There are so many storylines they could have covered. I mean nobody watches the Walking Dead for a love story. Seriously, I don't know anybody that was asking for this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are so many storylines they could have covered. I mean nobody watches the Walking Dead for a love story. Seriously, I don't know anybody that was asking for this.
Guys… I don’t think the show is going to be about how Rick comes up with interesting date ideas during the apocalypse. They’re probably just setting the context for who the show is about and how their love pushes and drives whatever sacrifices and actions are needed to survive with each other.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys… I don’t think the show is going to be about how Rick comes up with interesting date ideas during the apocalypse. They’re probably just setting the context for who the show is about and how their love pushes and drives whatever sacrifices and actions are needed to survive with each other.
Nobody thinks that. Been there done that on the regular series. The marketing push is putting that out there as the context to the story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody thinks that. Been there done that on the regular series. The marketing push is putting that out there as the context to the story.
Then why are you guys bitching and moaning about a “love story”?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why are you guys bitching and moaning about a “love story”?
That was explained above. Nobody thinks it's going to be about dating. However, the idea that they need to push Rick and Michonne's love as a catalyst it beyond played out. That's why. We get it. We have been watching that already. Why do they need a mini-series built around that? Sounds like a desperate marketing ploy. They could have just included those two characters and billed it as almost anything else or storyline.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was explained above. Nobody thinks it's going to be about dating. However, the idea that they need to push Rick and Michonne's love as a catalyst it beyond played out. That's why. We get it. We have been watching that already. Why do they need a mini-series built around that? Sounds like a desperate marketing ploy. They could have just included those two characters and billed it as almost anything else or storyline.
So… you’re all mad… because of the way they’ve decided to market the show? Who cares if that’s the case?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So… you’re all mad… because of the way they’ve decided to market the show? Who cares if that’s the case?
Meh...it's tired and done. Beyond the marketing I bet there will be scenes where they show how powerful their love is and how it drives them forward...blah blah. It's not just marketing.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll watch it even though I think Michonnes character has gotten weaker and less interesting over time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh...it's tired and done. Beyond the marketing I bet there will be scenes where they show how powerful their love is and how it drives them forward...blah blah. It's not just marketing.
Lol… you sound like the LOTR trolls at this point.

Why not just say I don’t want to watch a Rick and Michonne show instead of complaining about the marketing.

Unless I’m misunderstanding and you do want a Rick and Michonne show… but then I have no idea why you’re out of sorts.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… you sound like the LOTR trolls at this point.

Why not just say I don’t want to watch a Rick and Michonne show instead of complaining about the marketing.

Unless I’m misunderstanding and you do want a Rick and Michonne show… but then I have no idea why you’re out of sorts.
LOL. Except I am not saying it's just about marketing. You keep missing that part.