The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Zeno, Aug 26, 2010.

1. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

build up.....BUild up.....BUILD UP.....

and Rick aint dead......

2. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

I'll let you go tell all the news outlets.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...andrew-lincoln-rick-leaving-season-9-premiere

Plus I heard it from the horse's mouth on the Talking Dead after show. Not to mention Comicon and other fan event obligations.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I don't need to. Like I said, I actually know people who work on the show and know their schedules.

Someone says they're leaving the show to "spend more time with their family" is the same crap coaches and politicians say when they want a change.

If Lincoln really cared about that, CAA wouldn't already be making him available for new series. Which they are. Can't say how I know that, but I do.

4. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

The family thing is an odd excuse. If that was a problem, just move your family temporarily to where you work. Dude has to be loaded from TWD. Having a second home and coming up with an education plan for the kids isn't that difficult.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

oaken1 likes this.
  5. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

Yeah I feel like a schmuck. Fell for the whole it's Rick's "Last Episode" thing.

When will I learn with this show? I knew that when the previous show ended Rick would somehow "escape" the massive herd of Walkers. This show has a very convenient way of slowing down Walkers for their benefit. Lets end a show with Rick impaled on Rebar passed out and walkers 10 yards away. Then Start the next show with
    • Rick waking up
    • realizing his situation
    • reaching for rebar that he can't reach
    • quickly realizing he can use his belt
    • take off his belt
    • loop the belt over some out of reach rebar in one miraculous motion
    • have enough strength to pull himself up off of a 3 foot long piece of rebar that impaled him
    • Stagger to his horse
    • pull himself up on the horse
    • Escape the massive horde of walkers that were only 10 yards from him when this all started

Rick did all of this in the time it took the walkers to cross the street?

[​IMG]

Rick must be the luckiest or unluckiest man alive. In just the last couple of episodes he has:
    • Accidently fallen into a giant pit on the side of the road that had no reason to be there. I mean who digs a 20 foot wide by 30 foot deep hole on the side of the road in the middle of no where?
    • Then he has his Horse get spooked and threw him on the one piece of rebar sticking out for miles, all with thousands of walkers just steps away.
    • Then he is able to pull himself off said rebar in a matter of seconds and escape the horde of zombies.
    • Oh and he blew himself up and traveled down a raging river with hundreds of walkers only to make it to shore safely.
    It's a TWD miracle!!!

Don't get me started on Maggie opening the jail cell to kill Negan with a crowbar. Yeah Maggie vs Negan in a hand fight. That sounds like a good idea. I guess she has wised up because if she tried to shoot him she would probably accidently hit the button on his jeans only to have the bullet ricochet and kill Michone instead.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    jf-08 likes this.
  6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

So wait, did no one notice the helicopter come, land and pick people up right next to where the bridge exploded? Or is that supposed to be way downstream?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

7. MadCardDisease

And this future Judith can fire the Hand Cannon she is currently holding with deadly accuracy.

[​IMG]

So are they jumping 7-10 years into the future?

8. cheesebeef

I think the idea was Rick got blown up into the water and they found him down stream.

9. MadCardDisease

So only a six year jump into the future. That would make Judith only like eight maybe nine years old. Seeing her and that giant hand cannon is so Ridiculous I had to laugh!

Did I hear Walkers talking as they shuffled by Eugene and Rosita hiding in the mud? So is that going to be the new story line. Smart walkers? Talkers???

10. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Yes....and no.

New antagonists. The Whisperers. They're as lame as The Hunters.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
  11. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Not that long. This Judith is about 6 or 7 so 2 or 3 years have passed. As for her handling the Python, I chuckled myself because even if she's shooting .38 rounds it still would have too much of a kick for her. Any firearm outside of a 22 Plinkster would be too much for her. And her shooting with crack shot accuracy was an insult to the audiences intelligence. I'm all for suspension of disbelief buy c'mon.

12. cheesebeef

spoilers...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
  13. MadCardDisease

Didn't someone say it had been 6 years since Rick's death? Could have sworn I heard Michone or someone say that.

14. Passepartout

Passepartout Happy Thanksgiving 2018

Six year jump wow! Must be running out of ideas.

15. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

There is no possible way for there to be any meaningful amounts of walkers left - physically, scientifically impossible (not that there really ever was, but even if you suspended belief for their explanation, that would only be a short term effect).

NJCardFan likes this.