The Umbrella Academy (Netflix)

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
noticed this yesterday...description sounds worthwhile
I very much enjoyed it. Had a bouncy effect between darkness and teenagery irreverence. Culminated in what I consider an epic season finale.

Considering I was completely unfamiliar with the comic, I thought they did a superb a job with everything except hiding the apocalypse which I guessed from first episode (but maybe it wasn’t supposed to be a big reveal).

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I very much enjoyed it. Had a bouncy effect between darkness and teenagery irreverence. Culminated in what I consider an epic season finale.

Considering I was completely unfamiliar with the comic, I thought they did a superb a job with everything except hiding the apocalypse which I guessed from first episode (but maybe it wasn’t supposed to be a big reveal).

That is kinda how i am viewing Deadly Class...never heard of the comic so i have no expectations. That show has been a complete delight so far.

I plan to check out UA soon

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That is kinda how i am viewing Deadly Class...never heard of the comic so i have no expectations. That show has been a complete delight so far.

I plan to check out UA soon
Deadly Class is only streaming, right?

And is that cyborg with them? Was he in every DC super group other than suicide squad?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely checking this one out. One of my favorite actors is in it - Robert Sheehan. :cool:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just watched episode 1 with the wife tonight. Pretty solid!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the show was predictable....I had the ending figured out early just not the specific cause.

but I enjoyed it. The characters were surprisingly complex for a comic book...it says something when the talking chimpanzee butler is the least remarkable of all the characters.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is better? Deadly Class or this show? My older daughter is now bugging me to watch this. She said all her friends are watching.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I thought it was really good. It is very different in terms of ending from the comic and looks to be completely veering away from the original material. No clue how that will impact season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Straight up weird. Only through episode 3. Not sure I want to keep doing unless it gets much better.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watching both Deadly Class and Umbrella Academy. Liking Deadly Class so far. Umbrella Academy seems so slow in pace.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Watching both Deadly Class and Ubrella Acedemy. Liking Deadly Class so far. Ubrella Acedemy seems so slow in pace.
I’ve liked Deadly Class but it’s seemed a bit choppy to me.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 episodes in and it's basically f'd up xmen .

Pretty sure 7 is dark phoenix or a Mary Sue.

I like it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're only watching one episode a night but we're 5 episodes in and still enjoying it quite a bit.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
From a lot of what I heard (IRL too), this was incredible. It wasn't. It was barely passable for the first episodes, got better the farther it went, but overall was just good enough. I'll probably check out the next season, but it's not must watch TV.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a lot of what I heard (IRL too), this was incredible. It wasn't. It was barely passable for the first episodes, got better the farther it went, but overall was just good enough. I'll probably check out the next season, but it's not must watch TV.

This is basically how I feel. Enjoyable but hardly must watch TV. Seems how I feel about many things on Netflix outside of Stranger Things.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This is basically how I feel. Enjoyable but hardly must watch TV. Seems how I feel about many things on Netflix outside of Stranger Things.
You try Ozark yet? I felt the same about most Netflix fare outside of Daredevil and Hill House. Rarely do I finish the season or commit to multiple seasons for Netflix shows. But Ozark really grabbed me through 2 seasons.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I liked it but it wasn’t must watch TV for me. Im currently trying to find a new show to binge on Netflix.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA