The Trade Deadline

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. Titans cast-offs are not really players I am targeting. They have turned that into a pretty solid environment which lets players be successful and Vic not making an impact says a ton about him.
Guy got cut bait by teams in need of pass-rush(especially the Titans) in which both run schemes that should have “fit” him. Guy is atrocious.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guy got cut bait by teams in need of pass-rush(especially the Titans) in which both run schemes that should have “fit” him. Guy is atrocious.

I see what you guys are saying. But it's not like the 15 sack season was it. He had 8 sacks last year. 6.5 of them came in the last 8 games.

I think he's a very scheme dependent guy. I'd like to see him at stand up OLB, he did a little of that at the Falcons where they would sometimes have 1 standup edge but now much.

He's already being paid $9.5m fully guaranteed for the year. I don't see any harm at all in letting him clear waivers and bring him in on a cheap deal. He has a lot to prove for himself to get a deal next year.

It's all upside. Guys like Fitts are at their ceiling already. He's a JAG. Beasley is a major upgrade. We can't have pash rushers playing 100% of snaps. Golden and Beasley rotating on one side and Reddick/Kennard on the other would be a very good pash rush team and give Joseph a bunch of options.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see what you guys are saying. But it's not like the 15 sack season was it. He had 8 sacks last year. 6.5 of them came in the last 8 games.

I think he's a very scheme dependent guy. I'd like to see him at stand up OLB, he did a little of that at the Falcons where they would sometimes have 1 standup edge but now much.

He's already being paid $9.5m fully guaranteed for the year. I don't see any harm at all in letting him clear waivers and bring him in on a cheap deal. He has a lot to prove for himself to get a deal next year.

It's all upside. Guys like Fitts are at their ceiling already. He's a JAG. Beasley is a major upgrade. We can't have pash rushers playing 100% of snaps. Golden and Beasley rotating on one side and Reddick/Kennard on the other would be a very good pash rush team and give Joseph a bunch of options.
Dude, I’m telling you right now, you do not want Beasley. You do not see what we’re saying. Please, please stop focusing on the sack numbers where he feasted off of backup RTs or were coverage sacks. The guy is a monumental bust. You will get very frustrated watching him. Lord knows I did when he was a Falcon & I lived in Georgia & got all the Atlanta games. The guy has terrible work ethic & takes a lot of plays off. The guy showed up to the Titans’ training camp very late because he thought he was Khalil Mack or something.

He has no upside. The guy clearly doesn’t care. Fitts may not be the most athletic, but at least he cares & plays hard unlike Vic. Hell, the guy has 0 pressures in 5 games this season. That’s unforgivable even if you were playing in the wrong scheme.

Let me set this straight, he is so bad that the Titans have a much worse pass rush than we do & yet they still dropped him because he was that atrocious despite fitting their scheme like a glove. The guy gets no pressures like at all. He’s basically Curtis Riley that will fool people like you into wanting him because he was drafted high years ago & a anomaly 2016 season & last season where of course he feasted off of horrible teams that threw that towel in.

Also, in gif form against backup OLinemen
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still think we should have traded for Desmond KIng. He could have been a plug-in player at safety and slot CB. In an emergency, he could play CB. Pro-bowl level at CB and second team pro-bowl punt returned in 2018. Only 25. Went to the Titans for a 6th round pick. Pair him with Buddha and confuse the O with moving them around.

We wouldn't be signing an army of lesser players and hoping one works out had we signed King. Believe Murphy at slot is out for the Dolphins game? An early trade for King and he would be passed his Covid clearance and available.

Of course, this thread has been bumped off the front page and will disappear into the forgetten category.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still think we should have traded for Desmond KIng. He could have been a plug-in player at safety and slot CB. In an emergency, he could play CB. Pro-bowl level at CB and second team pro-bowl punt returned in 2018. Only 25. Went to the Titans for a 6th round pick. Pair him with Buddha and confuse the O with moving them around.

We wouldn't be signing an army of lesser players and hoping one works out had we signed King. Believe Murphy at slot is out for the Dolphins game? An early trade for King and he would be passed his Covid clearance and available.

Of course, this thread has been bumped off the front page and will disappear into the forgetten category.
Interesting take.

Why did they trade him in first place?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's FA next year. Had a down year last year and slipped to backup. Wasn't starting this year either.

King is very good vs run. Not so much in coverage.

I don't disagree. King did 'slip' from his pro-bowl year of 2018. Ditto on the FA and expected next contract.

I'd still take him for a 6th round pick. He's got enough ability to contribute. He compares well against the army of bargain basement guys we've brought in trying to find a match. As the season progresses, it looks as if we may have an outside chance to move into the playoffs. I'd like to have a young vet to mix-and-match---at some point, we need a FS who can move into the box and make a big stop vs the run game. He had some INTs during 2018 as well.

Here's his stats:

https://www.nfl.com/players/desmond-king/stats/career

O course, it's water under the bridge (London Bridge in honor of BritCard--of course that bridge is now in Arizona).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_(Lake_Havasu_City)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't disagree. King did 'slip' from his pro-bowl year of 2018. Ditto on the FA and expected next contract.

I'd still take him for a 6th round pick. He's got enough ability to contribute. He compares well against the army of bargain basement guys we've brought in trying to find a match. As the season progresses, it looks as if we may have an outside chance to move into the playoffs. I'd like to have a young vet to mix-and-match---at some point, we need a FS who can move into the box and make a big stop vs the run game. He had some INTs during 2018 as well.

Here's his stats:

https://www.nfl.com/players/desmond-king/stats/career

O course, it's water under the bridge (London Bridge in honor of BritCard--of course that bridge is now in Arizona).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_(Lake_Havasu_City)

I don't disagree on a pure talent basis. But with Murphy already, and even he only getting 70% of snaps and Thompson back you have to wonder how he gets snaps and how we pay him in a down cap year.

Last edited:

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't disagree on a pure talent basic. But with Murphy already, and even he only getting 70% of snaps and Thompson back you have to wonder how he gets snaps and how we pay him in a down cap year.

What time is it there for you to be getting ready to watch the game?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not too bad to view a game. I used to stay up later than that to watch 'The Benny Hill Show.'

It's not too bad if that was it, but you have those emotions left post game that it's often hard to sleep.

Last night I was so pissed off I didn't sleep until about 3am. Just kept going over plays in my head and generally hating on Vance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose