The Steve Keim decision-o-tron

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Count your blessings.
I do. I'm also not dumb enough to think I'm any kind of exception to a rule. I try my best to be mindful of it, and consistently explore options to help with the problem. On Monday, I'm going sober for 2-3 months, which I do every year.

I think we also need to separate alcohol / alcoholism and the act of driving while drunk. I don't think anyone has an issue with drinking and everyone appreciates the problems of alcoholism.

But driving while twice the legal limit is something different. I have no sympathy for those who drink and drive (twice). He could have killed somebody and it could have been one of your local somebodies.
Firmly agreed, again. I have personally not always made the best decisions with alcohol when I was younger, but I got lucky and watched other friends do some terrible things. I am now very responsible about taking rideshare options when I drink. My bar of choice is within functional walking distance/downhill enough that I can use a skateboard in my trunk to get back home without putting anyone at risk if I drink too much.

Not sure why I'm blogging about my own situation here, just saying.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do. I'm also not dumb enough to think I'm any kind of exception to a rule. I try my best to be mindful of it, and consistently explore options to help with the problem. On Monday, I'm going sober for 2-3 months, which I do every year.

Firmly agreed, again. I have personally not always made the best decisions with alcohol when I was younger, but I got lucky and watched other friends do some terrible things. I am now very responsible about taking rideshare options when I drink. My bar of choice is within functional walking distance/downhill enough that I can use a skateboard in my trunk to get back home without putting anyone at risk if I drink too much.

Not sure why I'm blogging about my own situation here, just saying.

I want to see you drunk skateboarding

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I want to see you drunk skateboarding
I wish it looked as funny as it sounds, haha. It takes a ton of alcohol before I lose my balance. Never really get there unless it's a special occasion and I'm out turning it up heavy with friends, or on vacation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This constant alcoholic reference to Steve Keim is just as bad as someone making blatant racist remarks on a forum. Yes, he had a problem and might still have one but it shows a total lack of respect for the human condition and I am really surprised that this is still allowed on the forum... I like your posts LIAC but this approach is no longer funny and really quite the opposite

No it isn't. It isn't even close. Nice try though.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No it isn't. It isn't even close. Nice try though.

I meant that not in them being equal in offense but them being both as qualifying past the spectrum of acceptability on a sports forum, hence once you are past the accepted rhetoric they are all not proper no matter the distance apart... though I thought that was a great success by you of being sarcastic lol

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He's got this year to improve the team, no more "at least we're better then last year" excuses, if we stay the same or get worse he's most likely gone but if we improve even slightly (1 or 2 more wins) I'm afraid he's still here. I almost think last year bought him 3 yrs to right the ship which means 2 more years of Keim and that makes me sad lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear my point is what somebody was 6 years ago has no bearing on what they are now.
Maybe clear to you. Just a bad analogy. Stupid hatred for Keim can lead to stupid comparisons. Don’t think for a second that BA didn’t also have a say in why this franchise went south after the thumping against the Panthers in the NFC Championship game. I think that Keim is on a short leash, and deservedly so, but I’m not sold that he can’t turn this around. Time will tell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave