The Russia<--->Trump Campaign Alliance

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Absolute Zero, Mar 9, 2017.

1. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Actually that's not true. Most people believe one side or the other. One side is mainly based in fact and the other side is mainly based in fiction, so the two sides are incompatible, but most people do know which category they are in.

These days, the "both sides" argument comes down to something like this.

"Two plus two is four."

"No it isn't."

"Yes, it is. You can ask any expert on this subject, and they will all agree."

"Those 'experts' are biased and just looking out for themselves. You can find a lot of people who will tell you that two plus two is something else."

"True, you will find a lot of people who will say that, but they are wrong. Their conclusion is based on an incorrect understanding of the question, or bad information in general."

"I did my own research, and it all comes down to what you want to believe."

"No it doesn't. One side is grounded in the accepted conventions of mathematical understanding, and other other side is nonsense."

"Wake up, sheeple! Quit allowing the government to do your thinking for you. If you really want to get informed, you need to look at both sides."

This is why those of us who live in the fact-based world have little patience for the "both sides" people.

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

:notworthy:

2+2+2+2 / 2+2+2+2

Russ Smith and elindholm like this.
  3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Well, here's more frustration for you. You STILL have literally shown ZERO FACTS to support any kind of argument that the "other" side was dirty.

I believe people's own actions and words... found in emails, testimony, new testimony to reverse old testimony about things people "forgot" the first time around, disagreeing with our intelligence agencies while agreeing with Putin and on and on and on. You keep making an argument that everyone here is basing their thoughts on opinions, when there are DEMONSTRABLE facts that are shaping our opinions and they're facts straight from the horses mouths over and over again (Roger Stone DMs, Trump Jr. emails, Don McGahn testimony, Hope Hicks testimony, pretty much everything Trump says outloud).

4. cheesebeef

yup. Dutch came into to bash everyone, throw out his own "both sides" are at fault and then provides ZERO reason why the non-Russian loving side is at fault and dirty with the Russians.

5. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

I came in here wanting to excoriate @DutchmanAZ for how intellectually dishonest his comments were...

...but no need, apparently.

6. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

It was so easy to point out the hypocrisy I didn't even participate. Even the so tired, it is.in a coma, "I hate both sides" debate trick went nowhere for dutchman

7. cheesebeef

he didn't even ATTEMPT to give evidence WHY it was both sides. I mean, that's a pathetic argument to try and make when you bash others for not having facts (even though they do) and then literally not giving any of his own.

ozzfloyd likes this.
  8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Cmon e,

Now you’re using math as an example? Don’t you know math was invented by Muslims? You’re a terrorist?!?

(Thank you Veep)

UncleChris, nidan and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  9. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Don’t forget , “You think you’re better because you have a degree from a liberal indoctrination university!”

10. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

What a shocker..........

Justice Department does not comply with court order to release transcripts of Michael Flynn's conver
    Last edited Fri May 31, 2019, 07:49 PM - Edit history (1)

Source: Washington Post

Federal prosecutors on Friday declined to make public transcripts of recorded conversations between Michael Flynn and Russia’s ambassador to the United States in December 2016, despite a judge’s order.

In a court filing Friday, the Justice Department wrote that it did not rely on such recordings to establish Flynn’s guilt or determine a recommendation for his sentencing.

Prosecutors also failed to release an unredacted version of portions of the Mueller report related to Flynn that the judge had ordered be made public.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2c830afe24f_story.html?utm_term=.21429804fe04

11. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

AUSA's best be charging into appellate court with a Petition for Writ of Prohibition in hand, otherwise someone may be held in contempt.

12. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

8/8

13. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

Speeding is against the law.

So, let's say I speed and get pulled over and get a ticket. I never pay the fine or go to court and the justice system cannot or will not ever do anything about it. Why would I not continue to speed if I have no regard for anybodies life except my own and there are absolutely no consequences for my behavior?

Some people live by a code, like the golden rule. Some people live by a different code, like the golden showers rule.

Russ Smith and nashman like this.
  14. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

15. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor