The Riley Amare Job

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My conspiracy theory on why it seemed Amare humped his way through the playoffs: He's going to the Heat. Riley's already got something worked out for him. Riley convinced Stoudemire to give less than a hundred to keep his S&T value down so there'd be less league interest and Miami wouldn't be asked to give much away, thereby giving Amare a more talent-laden team to join, which would be preferable to both him and Riley. He'll still insist on his money, and Riley has assured him he'll get it, and the Suns organization, with our pants around our ankles, will actually be grateful to the Heat for being so affable to deal. Ok, there it is. I think it might be similar to what someone else posted. Maybe not. Sorry if it's a ripoff. Can't remember. Maybe I expounded a little more. I've been up all night and I'm a little delirious and this all of a sudden struck me and I thought "hey wouldn't it be great to share this completely out of left field, bat sh*t crazy, get your hands off my pancakes theory and see how badly I get shot down on the Suns forum". So there you go. Tell me I'm wrong, nobody gets jobbed like this, go to bed.

PS: Amare's little 42 point night. . . well, the man's got an ego. Kinda like Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction when he ends up not taking a dive and knocking out the guy he was paid to lose to. Just wanted to shut people up for the night. Pissed Riley off something fierce.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Geez, conspiracy theorist much? I don't know if it's paranoia or what, but come on now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Wade doesn't even want Amare. He might settle for Amare but he has openly lobbied for LBJ, Bosh and even JJ. He hasn't even mentioned Amare.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My conspiracy theory on why it seemed Amare humped his way through the playoffs: He's going to the Heat. Riley's already got something worked out for him. Riley convinced Stoudemire to give less than a hundred to keep his S&T value down so there'd be less league interest and Miami wouldn't be asked to give much away, thereby giving Amare a more talent-laden team to join, which would be preferable to both him and Riley. He'll still insist on his money, and Riley has assured him he'll get it, and the Suns organization, with our pants around our ankles, will actually be grateful to the Heat for being so affable to deal. Ok, there it is. I think it might be similar to what someone else posted. Maybe not. Sorry if it's a ripoff. Can't remember. Maybe I expounded a little more. I've been up all night and I'm a little delirious and this all of a sudden struck me and I thought "hey wouldn't it be great to share this completely out of left field, bat sh*t crazy, get your hands off my pancakes theory and see how badly I get shot down on the Suns forum". So there you go. Tell me I'm wrong, nobody gets jobbed like this, go to bed.

I posted something like this but without the conspiracy connection. I think it's possible that the representatives of Riley and Amare have had conversations but I highly doubt if it's gone much further than that. I think Happy probably confirmed to Amare that he'd done all he needed to secure a max contract and Stat stopped pushing himself as hard once he'd met that goal.

Steve

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is accurate. I don't follow all the sources out there but I haven't heard any comments from him about other players. He did announce his intention to gather key FA's together to discuss destination but at the time Amare was still in the playoffs. I doubt anyone would have been included in that situation.

Steve

I saw this, there is no mention of Amare.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5283536

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see Pat Riley being enamored with bringing in a guy like Amare who's been so inconsistent with his effort and paying him max money.
I could be wrong,we'll see.

I wish this whole Amare drama would just end.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's quite a leap to go from that story to "he doesn't even want Amare". I guess you could read between the lines but I'm pretty sure I've heard at other times that Wade is also friends with Amare. As for who Wade wants, he doesn't even mention Lebron either except near the end of the story where (in response to a direct question) he acknowledges that he has no idea what Lebron will do.

Maybe you guys are right about Wade but it still seems a bit flimsy to me.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pat Riley likes big men that can defend. What part of that says that he would take Amare for millions and millions of dollars?

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Hoopshype calls Bosh "average defensive player" . IMHO, Riley is likely to prefer Boozer than neither Amare nor Bosh.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

PS: Amare's little 42 point night. . . well, the man's got an ego. Kinda like Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction when he ends up not taking a dive and knocking out the guy he was paid to lose to. Just wanted to shut people up for the night. Pissed Riley off something fierce.

lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson