The rich get richer...

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by imaCafan, Jan 14, 2021.

1. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

Can you please explain to me the shocking underrepresentation of whites and Latinos on NFL rosters? What could explain such blatant racism?

iLLmatiC and daves like this.
  2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Please explain how anything he said sounds like that. I’ll check back.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I think he limited it to bigots, racists and misogynists. Btw I disagree with all of those and consider them my enemy as well. I recognize that’s an unpopular sentiment with some on this board.

4. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

I agree with much of your post, but the new comp pick rule is actually aligned with what you wrote here. It doesn't reward teams for hiring minority coaches (which would be a way to incentivise owners to overcome supposed racial biases); rather, it compensates teams for developing minority assistants into viable head coaching candidates that other teams hire, even though there's no compensation to the hiring team.

...dave

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    TheCardFan likes this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

If you can't cross over front office personnel onto the field as a way of dodging the cap, you shouldn't be able to develop front office personnel as a way of improving your performance on the field.

If player-coaches or similar were a thing, I'd see a basis for this.

6. JohnnyCakes

JohnnyCakes ASFN Contributor Contributor

pretty sure Kaep would have a job right now if he was any good. Guy stinks at his job and wants alot of money to stink. ( i make this statement with no politics in mind, literally just based off performance. )

iLLmatiC likes this.
  7. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

He was "BLACK --------" pure and simple.

And to suggest that based on his last performance in the League he wasn't as good, better than 32 backup QB's is just silly.

Stout likes this.
  8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Now do why Eric Reid, a 26 year old pro bowler, couldn’t find a job.

9. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Several of the top QBs in the league are Black.

Obviously it's not the colour of his skin that led to him being out of the league.

Now if you said the color of his politics then maybe

juza76 likes this.
  10. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Eric Reid is 29.

He made the Pro bowl his rookie season and has been downhill since. Even in his rookie year his PFF grade was only 71. Since then his average is low 60s. Last season (2019) his grade was 46.6. Which is why the Panthers let him go and nobody else signed him.

He's not good anymore.

You can't say he's out of the league because of his protests. He played every season since 2016 except this last one and that's because he sucks now.

iLLmatiC and juza76 like this.
  11. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

You don't require black skin to be black ------!

It was his social justice views, obviously.

12. JohnnyCakes

JohnnyCakes ASFN Contributor Contributor

He wasnt asking for backup money, he was asking for starter money. Big difference. Beware your sources, alot of the pertinent facts of Kaep's story have been hijacked by politics.

Basically he overvalued himself while simultaneously experiencing diminishing skills. Sad but true. He should have just accepted his fate at that time and signed a backup qb deal and then he could have worked on his craft and possibly get back into a starting role. Its a shame really.

13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Not now. When he was blackballed for protesting with kaepernick. Those were largely the same owners.

14. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Was he blackballed?

The kneeling started during preseason of 2016. Reid started the first 10 games of '16 then missed the rest of the season due to a torn bicep. But he didn't have a good season according to PFF picking up only a 58 grade, but the Niners already took up his 5th year option.

In '17 Shanahan and Saleh came in. They moved Ward back to FS and Reid to SS. He injured his knee in week 3 which gave Tartt the opportunity to start at SS where he played better than Reid (Tartt 78 grade that season vs Reid 70). But Reid still played 13 games as a Hybrid linebacker / safety. In fact he played 100% of snaps in that role even after Tartt took over at SS.

But then his contract was up. They had Tartt at SS, and they didn't want to pay Reid the money he wanted.

The Panthers signed him in 2018 and he played every game from week 4 onwards.

If he was blackballed it lasted 3 games. But I'm more inclined to think that he was asking for too much money (Reid: "Hey I'm a pro bowl safety" Teams: "Yeah 5 years ago") having got beat out by Tartt and having just spent a season playing outside backer.

jf-08, daves and cardsfanmd like this.
  15. cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd Registered

It doesn’t make sense but the default in modern day America is to say something is racist.

iLLmatiC likes this.