The Restaurant

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone watching it? I know there are several "reality" show freaks out there. Its intriguing to me, as I am currently studying to be a chef, but its still a reality show, and I dont care for them. I also have read SEVERAL things about how manufactured the reality of this show has been. From calling fired employees back in to be fired again, on camera, to diners being asked to take off their hat, becasue it advertises a brewer that is a competitor of the chief sponsor of the show. Ugh. Hiring wait staff to be actors and not waiters is pretty lame, too.

I don't know how I feel about it. The whole celebrity chef thing is uber-hot right now, too. Don't know how I feel about that either.

But I am interested to know if anyones watching i and what they think...

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I don't normally watch "reality shows" but I got sucked in to this show last night. Mostly I found it interesting how they were trying to organize the opening of the resturant and could not help thinking about organizing the show's production at the same time. The funny part about these shows is they are not real, they are staged and produced. They are just not scripted (mostly).

The corporate ads were very obivious and a little vulgar but it didn't bother me that much.

I will probably watch next week but considering the best part to me was the organization and formulation of a Manhattan resturant from scratch I wonder how long this show will remain interesting to me.