The Pianist.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This movie is great. I thought it was gonna be a chick flick but it isn't. Check it out. Anyone else see it?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
This movie is great. I thought it was gonna be a chick flick but it isn't. Check it out. Anyone else see it?

KOC - you know of many chick flicks regarding the Holocaust? I agree - though, great movie. The scene where the old man in the wheelchair is dumped out the second story window is one of the most horrific secenes in movie history IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amazing film. You don't really notice it, but there's probably only like 10 lines of dialogue spoken in the entire last 45 minutes of the movie. Definitely on par with Schindler's List (although I still like List better)...

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Amazing film. You don't really notice it, but there's probably only like 10 lines of dialogue spoken in the entire last 45 minutes of the movie. Definitely on par with Schindler's List (although I still like List better)...

My wife noticed that. The main character was awesome at expressing his suffering without speaking.

I thought it was a movie about some dude that played the piano. The name is misleading. I agree about the wheelchair scene, that was insane. I also didn't realize it was based on a true story.

I am definitely going to buy it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

I noticed as well. While it doesn't make for a movie you want to watch time and again, it nevertheless had me riveted. I wanted to see it from the get-go and it did not disappoint. Much more in-your-face than the otherwise very educational History Channel shows. Not to say that they don't show the horrors of the Holocaust, but the Pianist showed the inhumanity in story form that was gruesome yet fascinating to watch.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was such a great movie - I totally loved it. I do think I am with Chap on this - I liked List better, but this movie is such a close second it's probably a tie right now with.

A. Brody definitely deserved the Oscar for this - and the kiss was a nice touch.

Shawn

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good movie. Just saw it a couple of days ago. It was less moving than Leon Uris' book about the Jewish resistance in the Warsaw ghetto (Mila 18?) but still good.

Frankly, the Pianist was nothing new or original. Same horrific story, done in the same way as half a dozen other movies over the years. What was good is that it brought the story to a whole new generation.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Good movie. Just saw it a couple of days ago. It was less moving than Leon Uris' book about the Jewish resistance in the Warsaw ghetto (Mila 18?) but still good.

Frankly, the Pianist was nothing new or original. Same horrific story, done in the same way as half a dozen other movies over the years. What was good is that it brought the story to a whole new generation.

Mila 18, yes! Very good book, although it was in a different vein than The Pianist. Mila 18 was very much about the resistance while The Pianist was about a man trying to survive, after going from having everything to nothing. Both very good in their own rights.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We rented it a couple of weeks ago. Very good movie.

Basically "Schindler's List" minus the List.