The Pasch Pod - Mike Bidwill

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well worth a listen on various subjects including GM and coach searches and Kyler's return.

Mike says they want to resign Zach Allen and Zach wants to stay here. Lots more interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well worth a listen on various subjects including GM and coach searches and Kyler's return.

Mike says they want to resign Zach Allen and Zach wants to stay here. Lots more interesting stuff.

I listened to it earlier, very good interview & it explains a whole lot of what actually happened in the GM & HC search.

Reaction score
Listened on my commute this morning.

One thing I found interesting and referenced on another thread was that it appears that recruiting coaches heavily out of college is by design due to the changing nature of the game.

The fact our draft system hasn’t really been updated - except from card to computer - for many years might explain the success rate in that field! Be interesting to see how we approach the 24 draft.

Also without going into too much detail, the brief mention of Nike. I’m not sure if that is standard practice, but that really stuck out to me.

I’d love The Athletic or someone to do a piece on different approaches teams use for hiring HC/GM.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

One thing I found interesting and referenced on another thread was that it appears that recruiting coaches heavily out of college is by design due to the changing nature of the game.

The fact our draft system hasn’t really been updated - except from card to computer - for many years might explain the success rate in that field! Be interesting to see how we approach the 24 draft.

Also without going into too much detail, the brief mention of Nike. I’m not sure if that is standard practice, but that really stuck out to me.

I’d love The Athletic or someone to do a piece on different approaches teams use for hiring HC/GM.
This year's scouting is already in place & Monti didn't wanna change it, 2024 will be all of his system.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I must have missed the Nike bit. What did he say?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What suprised me was Mike saying that staff was 85-90% there. They must have guys lined up we don't know about because by my reckoning we still need.

D-Line - Coach and Assistant
Linebackers - Coach
Safeties - Coach
O-Line Assistant
Running Backs - Coach
Wide receivers - Coach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What suprised me was Mike saying that staff was 85-90% there. They must have guys lined up we don't know about because by my reckoning we still need.

D-Line - Coach and Assistant
Linebackers - Coach
Safeties - Coach
O-Line Assistant
Running Backs - Coach
Wide receivers - Coach
Unfortunately we do have a linebackers coach on staff. And if our shiny new GM and HC think he's the way we keep "experience" on the staff, I will first :barf: then call for their heads. That would be monumentally stupid but I would not put it past Bidwill to be in full support of that kind of nonsense.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfortunately we do have a linebackers coach on staff. And if our shiny new GM and HC think he's the way we keep "experience" on the staff, I will first :barf: then call for their heads. That would be monumentally stupid but I would not put it past Bidwill to be in full support of that kind of nonsense.

I seriously doubt Davis will stay. I know he's still officially employed but no way they can look at the way Simmons and Collins have developed and say "They got good coaching".

Plus all the guys they have been hiring are energetic, enthused and flexible. Open to innovation and change. Which also isn't Davis.

I think Berkovich could stay as Assistant QBs or just general offensive assistant. Maybe Whipple stays as WR coach. He was WR coach at Umass and Assistant WR coach for us for 2 years.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rallis & Gannon will see what we see about Davis I'm sure, hopefully they see it now & they can his ass lol. Rallis is a LB's coach so he won't be impressed.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He only briefly mentioned their name - said that during the recruiting process they’d spoken to their contacts at Nike and with local media to get their impressions on the people they were interviewing.

Can't say they weren't thorough.

I thought it was interesting when he talked about some of the nonsense in the media during both searches. It felt like he was referring to Monti not being #1 choice.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% this

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson