The only NBA husband who doesn't cheat

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I remember when the Magic man dropped the bomb in 1991 about his HIV status. There was a lot of stories regarding sex, athletes and marriage. I remember thinking - "I wonder how many will keep it in their pants now?" Apparently that news is too far in the past to scare anyone any more.

Personally, I am surprised that so many athletes hook up with groupies. Not because they can, but because of the potential problems. HIV, STDs, bastard children, etc... are just a few of the unintended consequences, not to mention public image, children that hate their father for embarrassing their mother, and in some cases ruining other relationships.

Good for Grant and others that use a bit of self control.

Like someone else said, if you want to be single, unattached to anything or hamstrung by moral values - then don't attach yourself to a wife and children.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Just heard some bad news last night from a friend of Alejandra Nash, from what I was told Steve cheated on her. :( I just don't see why some people don't understand the meaning of marriage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard some bad news last night from a friend of Alejandra Nash, from what I was told Steve cheated on her. :( I just don't see why some people don't understand the meaning of marriage.

So you heard it from a friend of a friend. I respect your opinion but this is pure hearsay.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you heard it from a friend of a friend. I respect your opinion but this is pure hearsay.

Agreed. Also, we don't know what context things occurred in. Who knows, perhaps they were separated at the time or maybe she was withholding wifely duties until he fulfilled his promise to bring about world peace. There's probably some truth to this story but without some background it's probably a bit early to rush to judgement.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Hmmm, he does meet a lot of "wives" in his APS TV ads. It sure sounds like he is flirting with the one in the most recent commercial.

The one where the "husband" does a good imitation of Steve, chucking the ball at him, spitting on his fingers and reinforcing the center part in his hair.

And Steve says, "Does he live here?" :rolleyes:

'Sorry guys, but it hasn't reached YouTube yet so I can't link it.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll put my money up with Shaunie. My ex gf used to be a cocktail waitress at a club. I was surprised how many married players tried to get her phone number, get her to come visit them, or just literally gave her their hotel room key. Not just the number of players, but who the players were. I'm not going to say who, but a lot of BIG names. I remember thinking at the time how frivolous they seemed with something that could potentially cause severe damage to their family, finances, and reputation.

Edit-oops just saw this was from 2011? Didnt mean to bump this thread. Not sure why I saw it.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What is the "meaning" of marriage?
I'm pretty sure she knew she married a pro basketball player. She didn't marry him because he was good at poetry. Or because he was good looking.
She married him because her kids would always be taken care of.
If he gets 8-10 assists a night I don't care if he's ******* my mom.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup, i dont see how one can think otherwise. She was married to one of em and still have inside knowledge. Stories are bound to get back to other wives first about a cheating player before the affected spouse even knows, especially if they are on the same team or conference.
YOu know Shaq came home and told her stories about everyone else. However, I think Eric's point might be that she is making accusations about ALL NBA players and she cannot possibly know what all of them are doing. I am sure there are more than a few that are faithful to their wives while many many are not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose