The only NBA husband who doesn't cheat

sunsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
O’Neal: Suns Hill Only NBA Husband Who Doesn’t Cheat

Opinion by The Daily Heat
(1 Hour Ago) in Sports / NBA

Shaquille O’Neal’s ex-wife, Shaunie, certainly isn’t endearing herself to NBA players with her latest comments while doing an interview on syndicated morning radio show Big Boy’s Neighborhood.

During the show, Shaunie said that infidelity was a common thing among NBA marriages and that she only knew of one particular player who didn’t stray, Phoenix Suns veteran Grant Hill.

“Someone asked me recently if I knew any basketball player who is faithful… I think that I do know one that is faithful. Personally.

“If someone made me bet on who is faithful (in the NBA) I’d say Grant Hill.

She was then asked if she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife.

“I wouldn’t bet (on it). No.”

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/o’neal-suns-hill-only-nba-husband-who-doesn’t-cheat

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O’Neal: Suns Hill Only NBA Husband Who Doesn’t Cheat
“If someone made me bet on who is faithful (in the NBA) I’d say Grant Hill.

She was then asked if she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife.

“I wouldn’t bet (on it). No.”
There's a big gap between Shaq and Grant Hill. Despite temptation of sudden millionaires spending a lot of time on the road, I would hope there is more than one NBA player who honors loyalty to his wife.

Actually what she said was that she wouldn't bet that she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife. She didn't say there aren't any. A play on words.

sunsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
There's a big gap between Shaq and Grant Hill. Despite temptation of sudden millionaires spending a lot of time on the road, I would hope there is more than one NBA player who honors loyalty to his wife.

Actually what she said was that she wouldn't bet that she knew any other player who was faithful to his wife. She didn't say there aren't any. A play on words.
Yea I suppose.

But many notable players have been accusued of "cheating", ala Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant maybe even Steve Nash.

AfroSuns

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I suppose.

But many notable players have been accusued of "cheating", ala Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant maybe even Steve Nash.

Stevie!! I don't think he is that kinda distributor, but one never knows :)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This is Shaunie trying to make herself feel better by claiming that all NBA wives are as shamed as she is. She doesn't have any idea what she's talking about.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life is like a box of chocolates in the NBA. Not making excuses but these players are surrounded by groupies. It takes a strong person to live in a candy shop and not be tempted by the candy.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
This is Shaunie trying to make herself feel better by claiming that all NBA wives are as shamed as she is. She doesn't have any idea what she's talking about.

Dude, if you don't think the vast majority of NBA players cheat idk what to tell you. Read some of the page 2 type stuff about nights out with players...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dude, if you don't think the vast majority of NBA players cheat idk what to tell you.

I'm sure many of them do, but that isn't the point. Shaunie O'Neal is no more of an expert than any random gossip columnist.

AfroSuns

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Id be willing to make a bet that she knows just as much as some of the boys do.
Yup, i dont see how one can think otherwise. She was married to one of em and still have inside knowledge. Stories are bound to get back to other wives first about a cheating player before the affected spouse even knows, especially if they are on the same team or conference.