The Official X-Files Thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Latest episode was pretty good. I'd say solidly a classic X-Files episode. A little morbid though with the kids. Those are tough.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yep, the season definitely hit its stride in the last few weeks. Really enjoying it now. Just in time for it to go off into the sunset again.

Superbone

Reaction score
I'm really surprised nobody is talking about the finale. It was pretty bad to be honest. No wonder Anderson is done. If you take out the first and last episode, it was a pretty entertaining season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm really surprised nobody is talking about the finale. It was pretty bad to be honest. No wonder Anderson is done. If you take out the first and last episode, it was a pretty entertaining season.
I thought the finale was the best of the “My Struggle” eps, but they left a lot of open questions, which surprised me. It didn’t feel like a send off— the church scene at the end of the previous episode did it much better.

Superbone

Reaction score
I thought the finale was the best of the “My Struggle” eps, but they left a lot of open questions, which surprised me. It didn’t feel like a send off— the church scene at the end of the previous episode did it much better.
True, I would have been much more satisfied with the church ending.

It was weird the way Scully suddenly didn't care about William at the end. How he was just an experiment. Plus, William was a bad kid. I didn't feel much empathy for him. I guess that was the point since he was CSM's kid and not Mulder's.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
True, I would have been much more satisfied with the church ending.

It was weird the way Scully suddenly didn't care about William at the end. How he was just an experiment. Plus, William was a bad kid. I didn't feel much empathy for him. I guess that was the point since he was CSM's kid and not Mulder's.
Scully was a big problem for me in this entire episode. From her vague conversation with Skinner in the hallway, to her pointless phone call to Joel McHale, she was basically sidelined this episode. Strange thing to do with not only a) the best actor/actress in the entire series, and b) this being her so-called "last" appearance as Dana Scully.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
for those interested... BBCA is running an 48 hour xfiles marathon this weekend which started this morning...on S2E3 right now

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Animated spinoff? Not really exicted by that except it's a comedy.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not going to be the X-Files. No Chris Carter and reboots like this always suck. I'm sick of them. Give us a new property over trying to glom onto an old one.
The news came from Chris Carter himself, so I wouldn't say he isn't going to be involved.